Custom Update

customI spoke with Custom today. Custom is a great guy who has had a few bad breaks over the past few years trying to get his music back on store shelves. His 2002 release Fast is solid.

It sounds like I might be able to make a very cool Custom announcement soon. That's all I can really write on the subject right now. I'm pretty close to his new tracks, having had a lot of them for three years now, so he asked me to rank the pure-Custom tracks as he prunes them down for his next release. Here's what I sent him.

1. Goodbye
  15. Wurley
  16. Truth
  17. Television
  18. Warriors

Stay tuned, Custom fans.

A.R.

There's actually a new album coming out? OMG! The excitement!

June 24, 2007 @ 11:24 PM

gabriel james

so are we gonna get to here any other new stuff on the teamcustom site or his my space what happened to cdlx

June 28, 2007 @ 2:23 PM

Toronto Mike

I wrote Custom this morning. I'll ask him if we can change up the songs on his myspace page.

I think CDLX is on the backburner while he works on getting the Custom stuff out there and touring.

June 28, 2007 @ 2:38 PM

gabriel james

i jut saw the team custom site. does this mean there has been progress? whats goin on mike? you have to help me

August 16, 2007 @ 9:38 PM

Toronto Mike

Yep - that's the "something is imminent and that means new site to market new release" page.

When Izzy gives me the okay, I'll tell you more...

Stay tuned.

August 16, 2007 @ 9:42 PM

Anonymous

so its been almost 6 years since his last CD and ive pretty much given up on some new shit. i fucking love his old CD and i have ever since i first heard it! but 6 years is a long time between releases... is there any possible chance an estimate of when he might start recording? Come on Duane baby, dont let me down!

December 25, 2007 @ 11:03 PM

Toronto Mike

Recording isn't the problem. He rolls his own and has been recording.

The bottleneck is on the record deal side. A couple of times I've been told a deal is imminent so I'm as jaded as anyone.

All I can tell you is I'll write an update as soon as there is one.

December 26, 2007 @ 9:26 AM

Desi Moore

So... Is there anyway to find a bootleg copy of the new songs? I remember when he had them on myspace for a little bit. They were really good. I've searched every site I know of and know where can I find them. Please contact me if you figure anything out.

July 29, 2009 @ 12:52 PM

Toronto Mike

I'd release them into the wild but I don't want to pollute the process with regards to Custom getting a new record deal.

July 29, 2009 @ 2:29 PM

Chase

Hey Mike, any update on any new Custom material? I as everyone else, am dying to hear some. Maybe Custom should throw up some songs on places like ReverbNation, or Demonoid, or something to get the music out there and have people promote it? I mean shit lol, worked for quite a few people over the years so far. Thanks.

May 19, 2011 @ 4:07 PM