An Imus Mess and Stern's Schadenfreude
When radio host Don Imus referred to the Rutgers University women's basketball team as "nappy-headed hos", his face got plastered all over the media. There are Imus articles on every site, he's on CNN and everyone's got an opinion on whether he should be canned or not.
Everything I know about Don Imus I learnt from Howard Stern. Stern hates Imus and this hate on goes back to his NBC radio days when they worked together. The Imus character shows up in "Private Parts" and when I listened to Stern it was a frequent rant. If it wasn't for Howard Stern, I'd have had no idea who Imus was before this controversy exploded.
I no longer hear Howard Stern's radio show, but I was naturally curious what he's been saying about this Imus mess. This article gave me a taste and even included some quotes from the king of all media. If you're curious about Stern's current state of schadenfreude, read on.
- "He does nothing. He mumbles, he can't speak English, he can't be understood. He was never funny. You listen to the show, I defy you to laugh."
- "He's completely insane."
- "Go away. Really. It's time."
- "There's probably a 70 percent chance [CBS Radio and MSNBC are] going to have to fire this guy.... He's in for a shitstorm because the girl's basketball team is going to have a press conference, and that's going to look real bad."
- "I guarantee you the wife leaves him. If he loses his job, she leaves him within a year. [And if that happens,] I will leave Beth to fuck her."
- "If it was me and I did something stupid like that I would just go on and say, 'I'm not going on Al Sharpton's show. Al Sharpton is a piece of shit. He's just a human being that is bankrupt, and he should pay his bills.... I would rather just leave the radio than apologize to that man.... I like Al Sharpton, by the way."
- "I mean, come on, Al Sharpton. Imus, get some fucking dignity."
- "I've never seen a 67-year-old guy look that bad."
- "Imus is a moron."
- "Imus had a perfectly nice life, he had no listeners. No one ever bothered him. Now all of a sudden he's getting all this attention, he's cracking. He handled that like shit."
- "How is Imus on the radio? Do you understand a word he says?"
- "He looks awful. How old is Imus for real? Doesn't he look 80?"
No comments? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's start this conversation!