A 60 to 80 Kilometre Web of Light Rail
The TTC is unveiling an ambitious blueprint for a light rail system that would crisscross the city far beyond existing and planned subway lines. Here's a map of the network of new routes, which include:
- Don Mills – Steeles Avenue to Bloor-Danforth Subway
- Eglinton Crosstown – Kennedy Station to Pearson Airport
- Etobicoke-Finch West – Yonge Street to Highway 27
- Jane – Jane Station to Steeles West Station
- Scarborough Malvern – Kennedy Station to Malvern/Morningside
- Sheppard East – Don Mills Station to Morningside Avenue
- Waterfront West – Union Station/Exhibition to Long Branch
I'm a pretty big fan of the Toronto Transit Commission and a very regular user of buses and the subway. I rarely start up the car anymore, far preferring to TTC it if I can't walk it. Blanketing the 416 with such a system is an exceptional idea and a key step toward Toronto becoming a true green, clean, and liveable city.
Now we just need the money...
Only 5 comments? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's keep this conversation going!