The Great Space Coaster

memoriesLately I've been playing retro recall with myself, remembering kids shows I watched in the late 70s and early 80s. For a while I was restricting myself to shows that aired on TVOntario, but today I thought of a show that aired elsewhere. I thought of "The Great Space Coaster".

Who can forget Gary Gnu and his "Gnus of the Week"? Not I. No Gnews is Good Gnews with Gary Gnu.

Here's the opening theme, which was, and is, pretty damn catchy.

Lori

Now you got me going.....i didn't really watch the great space coaster.......i know the song for some reason but i do remember the New Zoo Revue and have the song stuck in my head right now! Going to google it! Smiles!

February 22, 2007 @ 10:39 PM

Al

It's amazing to think that back in the day children's educational entertainment was being created by mostly drug tripping psychadelic writers and producers.

February 23, 2007 @ 10:33 AM

Lynnie

Hi Mike
I have been enjoying the bits on 70s/80s TV shows! Do you remember The Secret Railroad?
Lynnie

February 23, 2007 @ 11:57 AM

Mike Boon

Yes, I remember that one!

The other show from that time I remember quit fondly is Simon in The Land Of Chalk Drawings.

February 23, 2007 @ 1:08 PM

Mike H

I liked Gary Gnu (look up an old ditty by Flanders & Swann called the Gnu Song), but I LOVED the La Linea sequences. Check out a whole bunch (including some not suitable for TV in those days, much less a kid's show) on YouTube.

February 24, 2007 @ 7:35 PM

Greg Casiglia

I loved The Great Space Coaster! I loved Francine, the very pretty 16 year old brunette singer/guitar player on the show who used to play lots of practical jokes on Puppet Goriddle Gorilla! Please sign the bring back the great space coaster online petition @ www. petitiononline.com/TGSC because it now has 2,395 signatures. There's also The Great Space Coaster Homepage @ www. great space coaster.com. Does anyone remember when blonde Actress Sally Struthers guest starred on the 2nd season of the show back in the year 1982? Goriddle fell in love with her! Sally Struthers and Goriddle sang together: "Just the way you are!" Sally Struthers also sang "Carolina In The Morning" with TGSC cast. Sally Struthers also kept playing her face ,doing mouth music and making faces next to Goriddle till she had a big headache! She also held Goriddle by the chin.

February 27, 2007 @ 3:41 AM