The Gandharvas - The First Day of Spring

MP3I share an MP3 from my collection every Wednesday. You have seven days to grab this week's MP3. Please right-click your mouse and select "Save Link As..." or "Save target as..." so you can download it to your PC before playing.

The Gandharvas - The First Day of Spring
Last time I shared some Rusty. That got me thinking about cool Canadian bands from the mid nineties that have disappeared. The Gandharvas broke with this ultra cool single "The First Day of Spring" and followed that up with a few more radio singles, including "Downtime", another very cool track.

Coach Carter

I was thinking about this song the other day. Is it just me or is that SilverSun Pickup - Lazy Eye song the source of both our recolections?

January 24, 2007 @ 3:53 PM

Mike Boon

I suppose "Lazy Eye" sounds a little like "The First Day of Spring", but that's not what triggered my memory.

I caught "Downtime" on the Edge digital radio station and then I remembered how much I love "The First Day of Spring".

Speaking of "Lazy Eye", does anyone else hear a little Breeders "Cannonball" in there?

January 24, 2007 @ 4:07 PM

Mike Boon

...and "Lazy Eye" reminds me a little of the Pumpkins' "1979", too...

January 24, 2007 @ 4:11 PM

Roshan

Glad to see that u r spreading good music around Mike.;)

January 25, 2007 @ 1:18 PM

Tee

One of the best things about going to school in London was being able to catch the Gandharvas on the radio at least once a day.

January 26, 2007 @ 7:30 PM

Mark

Hey Mike,

I've been looking for The Gandharvas - The First Day of Spring in mp3 format for ages now. Unfortunately i just found your site after the mp3 was taken down. Is there any way you could host it for a bit longer or email it to me? Thanks.

-Mark

February 5, 2007 @ 11:26 PM

a gandharva

Hi there,

You all might be interested in checking this out: www.myspace.com/firstdayofspring.

Thanks for spreading the love. You all ROCK!

March 29, 2007 @ 4:24 AM