Link: World Container World Album Premiere

LinkWorld Container World Album Premiere - Since today is national Hip day, I thought this was a cool link to share with fellow fans of Canada's band. This is Gord and the boys discussing the new album while they play each song. There's great insight and another opportunity to hear this fantastic new album that hits stores today.

Shawn

There's a Tragically Hip day? Where have I been? Why didn't I get a memo?
Side story... much to my own chagrin, I have kept on listening to the "new" 99.9, even without Howard et al, and I am finding I like it (or is it just that the only real alternative, Roger, Rick and Mari-kenstein, turn my stonach). Anyhow, a few weeks ago, they had a contest for who was the most unhip, the winners of which won tickets to the Hip's upcoming Phoenix concerts. Well, I won. and you can see why on their photo page. *sigh* the things I will do for good tickets...

October 21, 2006 @ 8:11 AM

Mike Boon

Lucky dog. You know who you need to take with the other ticket, right?

October 21, 2006 @ 8:15 AM

Jim Huinink

Hi Mike,

I had to dig for damn near ever to find the lyrics to the Tragically Hip's primo new song The Drop Off. Knowing your search engine ranking and the fact that I have plugged in all the right keywords for a search for - lyrics tragically hip the drop off - here they are, so other searchers can easily find them. I f***in love this song! (sorry for 'using' ya):

When the summer is young
and nobody has their prices
No one is no one
and nobody in a crisis
There’s no swimming past the drop-off
or feeling sorry for yourself
Ya don’t go swimming past the drop-off
or else

Yer a pistol, yer a gun
and suddenly I have no prices
I’m like a friend of Dylan’s
our shovels meeting in some crisis
But there’s no swimming past the drop-off
Yea we don’t replace ourselves
Ya don’t go swimming past the drop-off
or else

The fates are amok and spun, measured and cut and the past is meant to please us
Yer a comet from earth in a Kiss Alive shirt saying, ‘holy fuck, it’s jesus!?’
The surface is green and the dark interweaves in a lonely iridescence
It’s terribly deep and the cold is complete and it only lacks a presence
and nothing else

When the summer is done
and nobody sympathizes
Yer no friend of Dylan’s
Yea, you won’t see another crisis
There’s no swimming past the drop-off
or feeling sorry for ourselves
Ya don’t go swimming past the drop-off
or else

Personal stakes will get raised and get raised til your story gets compelling
If you lacked the sense or were willfully dense is forever in the telling
The surface is green and the dark interweaves in a lonely iridescence
It’s terribly deep and the cold is complete and it only lacks your presence
and nothing else
nothing else
nothing else
and no one else

October 27, 2006 @ 8:45 PM

Mike Boon

Jim, this is a great service you've provided. It is a great tune.

October 27, 2006 @ 9:01 PM

Jim Huinink

This page now ranks fourth in a google search for "lyrics tragically hip drop off". It worked!

October 31, 2006 @ 10:41 PM