Guest Blog Entry
Anyone is welcome to submit a Guest Blog Entry to torontomike.com. I received the following entry earlier today.
A Big Bag of Pot-Pourri
1) Is it time to start watching the Raptors again? I have thoroughly enjoyed the last couple of games and we are developing a 1-2 Punch with Bosh and James that has me thinking - read a bedtime story to my son or watch the Raptors Game? Sorry Zander.
2) Thanks to 2005 for:
- Green Day (no need to elaborate)
- Coldplay's "Fix You" (I love how the song seems to take you on a journey, changing tempo at just the right time)
- Bringing back my Blue and White and NHL (although I hate the shoot-out)- What a future there is for The NHL - Crosby, Ovechkin, Phaneuf....
- "My Name is Earl" (my favorite new show of 2005, very endearing and funny) - Weeds and The Simspons must be recognized as well
3) I was sick to my stomach while reading the posts being left in response to the "FOOTLOCKER SHOOTINGS". I'm glad you post everything Mike, because it reminds me of the fact that we are surrounded by people like Jaydee and Mona. Ignorance breeds ignorance, and If I keep my eyes open and remember these people are out there, I may be able to keep my 18 month old away from them and their demented thoughts.
4) Let me finish by saying that I feel there is nowhere to turn. No where to run. I will be voting Liberal. But it is becoming increasingly clear that I am attempting to keep the crazed rapists and murderers from coming in the front door, while settling for the lesser of two evils; the thieving, lying criminals who have already made their way into my home, and won't get off my couch and leave me alone. We are screwed!!
Thanks for your time!
1. I'm totally shocked that our Raptors have now won five in a row. I was sure they'd finish this season worse than 21-61, our franchise low. Don't look now, but we're 2.5 games out of a playoff spot. It's time to start watching the young and exciting Raptors again.
2. I enjoy "The Office", so one day I decided to give the lead-in show "My Name Is Earl" a shot after hearing good things. I hated it.
3. When I launched the Guest Blog feature in November 2003 I decided I'd post everything. I copy and paste the entry with no edits and throw my two cents in beneath the block of blue. There have been some entries I've seriously objected to, but Mona's and Jaydee's were the most disturbing. This is 2006 people, it's time to get a clue.
4. I'm predicting a Conservative minority government will be formed later this month. The GTA, a massive chunk of this country that the Liberal party has to dominate in order to keep power, has had enough. It won't be the end of the world. Their power will be limited and their effect on our socially liberal values will be inconsequential. Hopefully, a fresh new face in the Liberal Party without such ties to previous corrupt regimes will rise to the forefront, supplant Martin as leader and send Harper back to opposition status. Canada will persevere.
No comments? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's start this conversation!