The Canadian Conspiracy
The passing of Peter Jennings got me thinking about The Canadian Conspiracy. The Canadian Conspiracy was a mockumentary from the mid 80s I caught on CityTV a couple of times. In a nutshell, we Canadians are infiltrating the United States of America, assuming control from within.
The main players were...
- Lorne Greene, the leader
- Lorne Michaels, the protege
- Leslie Nielsen, the Canadian government connection as brother to Deputy Prime Minister of Canada Erik Nielsen
- Peter Jennings, propaganda and disinformation
- Morley Safer, propaganda and disinformation
- William Shatner
- John Candy, the henchman
- Eugene Levy, the insider who risks his life to bring the conspiracy to light
Sadly, Jennings is the third player to pass away, following Lorne Greene and John Candy. I still miss John Candy.
Only 1 comment? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's keep this conversation going!