I can't think of a better way to celebrate Canada Day than by unveiling the songs that make up the thirteenth edition of SLS. The negotiations were a little stickier than usual, but at the end of the day the committee agrees that these songs make the cut. Without further delay, I present to you, with great honour and pride, the SLS13 twenty.
- The Mars Volta - The Widow
- Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)
- System of a Down - B.Y.O.B.
- The White Stripes - Blue Orchid
- Foo Fighters - Best Of You
- Audioslave - Your Time Has Come
- Queens of the Stone Age - Little Sister
- Custom - USA
- The Killers - All These Things That I've Done
- Hot Hot Heat - Goodnight, Goodnight
- Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot
- Beck - E-Pro
- Doctor - What Makes You Think He's Lucky?
- Franz Ferdinand - The Dark Of The Matinee
- Louis XIV - Finding Out True Love Is Blind
- Metric - Dead Disco
- Modest Mouse - World At Large
- Weezer - Beverly Hills
- Billy Talent - Nothing To Lose
- Nine Inch Nails - The Hand That Feeds
Mark insisted that Nine Inch Nails make the cut, despite my insistence that it wasn't worthy. During the negotiation process I gave up my NIN resistance in order to preserve the Weezer and Billy Talent tracks. Audioslave's "Be Yourself" ended up on the bubble but "Your Time Has Come" rose to the challenge and made it a moot point as there can only be one track per artist on each edition of SLS. Another late comer to make the cut was Kaiser Cheifs' "I Predict A Riot", leaving Jakalope, Garbage and The Marble Index on the cutting room floor.
What do you think of SLS13? Share your thoughts!
No comments? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's start this conversation!