Asking The Anonymous HMV Manager
I have a contact at HMV, the popular music and video store. My contact wishes to remain anonymous, but I can tell you that's he's a manager of a Toronto HMV. Periodically I'm going to ask questions of The Anonymous HMV Manager and I'll post his answers here.
I recently told The Anonymous HMV Manager the titles of ten CDs I was interested in. Today I asked him to rank them in order as to how they sold at his store in their first week of release. This is the kind of crap I'm always curious about and now I have a contact in the inside.
Here's how The Anonymous HMV Manager had my list of titles ranked.
- Coldplay - X&Y (by a long shot)
- White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan
- System Of A Down - Mesmerize
- Oasis - Don't Believe The Truth
- Weezer - Make Believe
- Foo Fighters - In Your Honor
- Beck - Guero
- Audioslave - Out Of Exile
- Mars Volta - Frances The Mute
- Arcade Fire - Funeral (First week sales were not good but its been selling pretty consistant now)
No comments? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's start this conversation!