Random Sports Thoughts
I have a few random sports thoughts to share this morning.
- The Dominator is heading out of Detroit and will be looking for a new home next season. It's looking like he might end up a Senator. This doesn't scare me in the least. As awesome a goalie as Dominik Hasek is, he seems awfully flakey to me. Sure, he won the cup a couple of years ago with the Red Wings, but I don't think he can keep him mind and body together long enough to bring the cup to Ottawa. Besides, there won't be a next season, right?
- Ken Klee has agreed to a new two-year deal with the Toronto Maple Leafs worth about $2.5 million per year. This is good news. So few players are actually under contract with the Leafs right now. I'm not concerned because I know how many free agents are out there, but at some point you've got to tie up your core group. Klee is someone I'm happy is back.
- Euro 2004 may be a huge tournament, but I couldn't care less. I enjoy the World Cup and if I had a rooting interest in this tournament I could get into it but the Irish aren't there and that's the only European team I can get behind. Without the green, I'm not keen.
- After round one at the U.S. Open I'm winning my pool. Ernie, Vijay and Phil combined to shoot 205 yesterday. Only three rounds to go!
- The Blue Jays are dead last in the AL East and it sucks. All we've got right now is baseball and it's pitiful. The injury bug has not only hit our best players but my favourite commentator is out too. Things are not good in Blue Jay land. Things are just as bad in Raptor land. Go Argos Go!
No comments? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's start this conversation!