Top 100 Moments
- Death of Kurt Cobain.
- Edison invents recorded sound.
- Invention of the electric guitar.
- Collapse of the Mercer Arts Centre and CBGBs convinced to have a rock night.
- Ramones at the Roundhouse 1976.
- Sex Pistols swear at Bill Grundy.
- The release of the first Sex Pistols single, "Anarchy in the UK".
- Nirvana releases Nevermind.
- First online downloads.
- Invention of the MP3.
Interesting... This is so incredibly subjective, we could argue about it forever. The death of Kurt Cobain and the release of "Nevermind" are certainly important moments in the history of new music. The first online downloads sort of goes hand in hand with the invention of the MP3, both significant developments in terms of how we get and listen to our music. I am absolutely consumed by my thousands of MP3s I play with Winamp throughout the day. The MP3 has completely revolutionized the way I store and play my tunage. The invention of recorded sound and the electric guitar were essential, but I'm not certain about the others listed in the top 10. But again, we could argue about this forever.
No comments? C'mon, we can do better... Leave a comment above and let's start this conversation!