Links to External Web Sites
I'm sure I've linked to this before, but it's worth another visit. If you work in an office where people can see your screen, and you want to surf the web without being obvious about it, try workfriendly.net.
It disguises your browser as Microsoft Word, suppresses images and spits the content out as plain text. Here's the link for this site: http://workfriendly.net/browse/Office2003Blue/torontomike.com.
The 25 Greatest Moments from "The Office" - All the best scenes, from Dwight's Mussolini speech to "green is whorish". I was very pleased to see this great little scene come in at #2.
Watch Every Episode of The Simpsons, Ever - I don't mean to go heavy on Simpsons links this morning, but season 19 premieres tonight and you might want to catch up on what you've missed thus far.
I nominate this one for best link of 2007.
Simpsons Scenes and their Reference Movies - As a Simpsons fan and movie fan, I love this collection of 66 scenes from The Simpsons beside the movie scene to which they refer.
Now someone just needs to add a column for movie name...
When John From Cincinnati got canned earlier this week, I shared the opening credits of that show because it featured a very cool tune by Joe Strummer and The Mescaleros. That got me thinking about television theme songs that are too cool to be confined to the small screen and are good enough to stand alone.
Sometimes a song is a created for a tv show and sometimes it's simply licensed, as is the case with most of the songs below. However you slice it, here are my favourite television theme songs.
- Von Bondies' "C'mon C'mon" from Rescue Me
- Joe Cocker's "A Little Help From My Friends" from The Wonder Years
- Foo Fighters' "Next Year" from Ed
- Waylon Jennings' "Good Ol' Boys" from The Dukes of Hazzard
- Steve Carlisle's "WKRP in Cincinnati" from WKRP in Cincinnati
- Joe Strummer and The Mescaleros' "Johnny Appleseed" from John From Cincinnati
- John Sebastian's "Welcome Back" from Welcome Back, Kotter
- Alabama 3's "Woke Up This Morning" from The Sopranos
- Gary Portnoy's "Everybody Knows Your Name" from Cheers
- Joey Scarbury's "Believe It Or Not" from The Greatest American Hero
An honourable mention goes to the three Who songs used for various CSI shows. The Who songs are great but having not seen a minute of the shows that use them, I felt weird putting them on this list. All ten shows above are actually shows I watched and enjoyed.
The top 100 reasons it's great to be a guy - It's funny because it's true. I can vouch for the following:
- Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat
- A five day vacation requires only one suitcase
- Old friends don't give you crap if you've lost or gained weight
- You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness
- You can be showered and ready in 10 minutes
Today's Front Pages - The Newseum displays these daily newspaper front pages in their original, unedited form.
680 Traffic and Weather - This is actually pretty handy to have around. It's the most recent 680 News traffic as an MP3. This one is for locals only.
2007 Free Agent Signings - A real-time list of player signings since noon on July 1. The Philadelphia Flyers just signed Daniel Briere. No news from Leafsville yet...
Airline Complaint re: Seat 29E - This thoroughly entertained me. There are even handy illustrations.
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 39 Next
Want more Toronto Mike blog entries? Visit the archives.