George H. W. Bush, Dead at 94

George H. W. BushGeorge H. W. Bush was 94. He was the 41st President of the United States from 1989 to 1993. Prior to that, he was Vice President to Ronald Reagan, a Congressman, Ambassador and Director of Central Intelligence.

bsmntdwllr73

Eagerly await the breathless and endless week-long tributes to this now deceased former
presidential warmonger and nefarious CIA head honcho (NOT!!!). At least we'll always have those charming memories of ol' Georgie upchucking on Japan's then-PM Miazawya back in early 92!
That unfortunate dude's messy pants should definitely be enshrined in the over-flowing 'Prezidential-
Haul' of Shame, most obviously alongside Ms. Lewinsky's Jackson Pollocked-frock!!! (R.I.P.?!?)

P.S., do you think that those lovable Dixies Chicks might appear and or perform at the funeral on the grateful behalf on their Numero Uno fan G.W.?

December 1, 2018 @ 9:55 AM

bsmntdwllr73

Sorry, should have read as "on the grateful behalf of..." above.

December 1, 2018 @ 10:06 AM

FO

Fuck off bsmntdwllr73.

Nothing to contribute & now you confirm no class as all.

December 1, 2018 @ 3:42 PM

Cambo

@bsmntdwllr73

What is it with people stomping on a man's grave?? Is this 'politics' these days? Is this what society has reduced to now?

Just because you disagreed with him, he was a husband, father, son, and best friend to many. This is a loss to them and their family.

Grow up. Either offer condolences or stfu.

December 2, 2018 @ 1:25 PM

Cambo

@bsmntdwllr73

And for the record, I was never a fan of his. But I'd also never be as vile as you.

December 2, 2018 @ 1:28 PM

Urooj Islam

Don't let the comments get to you, bsmntdwllr73.

You just have to be careful after the death of any Western politician, they're going to be treated like the angels they absolutely were not during their lives (see John McCain and now Big Bush).

December 2, 2018 @ 2:50 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@FO and Cambo
And a pleasant day to both of you fine gents (?!?), as well!! Now you go share your oh-so-sunny
sentiments with the families of those soldiers and other personnel who died on his watch
(and please spare me "they knew what there were signing up for when they enlisted"
crap... ) Proud to be vile, especially on this most "SOLEMN" occasion. And since I don't think that any of the Bush kin or friends will be reading this anytime soon, those fine "GO FUCK YOURSELF" wishes,
well,I humbly sendthem back in both of your most obviously higher-evolved directions!! P.P.S, when
the hell did I ever claim to have any class? I didn't dub myself the 'bsmntdwllr' for nothing. SCHMUCKS!!!

December 2, 2018 @ 3:44 PM

Dan Maloney recently passed away, and it was rather jarring to hear Hebsy talking about how terrified of Dan he was and how horrible Dan was to him throughout his career. This story is on episode 401.

Afterwards I realized this whole "don't speak ill of the dead" is a load of phoney baloney. If ill is warranted, it's fair game, even right after the person passses. Just my personal thoughts...

December 2, 2018 @ 4:33 PM

Cambo

@tm

Then why is it people really show their true feelings towards someone after their death?

Look, you'll never find any politician who is an angel or whomever EVERYONE likes. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. But at the end of the day, he was just a man like everyone else and at some point, you let the hatred and anger for someone go.

At least have the decency not to stomp on a grave. Disagree or discuss his politics all you want....fair game. But there is no need to spit on the grave - save that for people who truly deserve it - like a Paul Bernardo.

December 2, 2018 @ 8:10 PM

@Cambo

GHWB was POTUSA. He took his fair share of shots while he was alive, too. It comes with the gig. :)

December 2, 2018 @ 8:22 PM

FO

re: bsmntdwllr73: " .. [I'm] Proud to be vile .. when the hell did I ever claim to have any class? .. ]

@bsmntdwllr73 ,

So you're pulling the standard Trumper defense that "I don't buy into Political Correctness ; I call them as I see them ; I talk like the common man". Which is really just an "excuse" to be a rude, obnoxious, disrespectful asshole.

Just because you spend your days holed up in the public library inflicting this forum with every minuscule brain fart you have whilst looking for the next freebie you can leech on, doesn't mean you can't strive to behave in a civilized manner.

Yes, harsh words. But if you're going to throw out vile crap then harsh words back at you are warranted & you're fair game.

For the record, I'm a liberal. I'm much more apt to favour liberal, not conservative, policy. Whether you agreed with Bush's policy views or not, Bush was a decent man.

Man up. Work to raise the bar of civil discourse, not lower it.

December 2, 2018 @ 8:40 PM

jj

I wondered when I would see an honest review of his passing, glad to have found it. Obama will receive the same tributes, but he was not perfect either.

December 3, 2018 @ 8:13 AM

@jj

Nobody's perfect, but in my lifetime, Obama's the closest as far as POTUSA's are concerned. :)

December 3, 2018 @ 8:48 AM

jj

TM - Oh I agree, I love him and just read Michelle's book (and will read his new one)!!

But people are making HW into some kinda angel he certainly was not.

December 3, 2018 @ 8:59 AM

jj

Cambo/FO - many people have said HW and his son really ain't shit. Bush Jr now is portrayed as a nice kind old guy who Michelle Obama loves, and paints in his spare time. Nevermind what either of them put the country through. There is no sense in pretending that the acts of leaders don't have impact beyond their time in office, and even when they are dead.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/opinion-george-hw-bush-lgbtq_us_5c0366ffe4b0606a15b5efa7 - if you are curious. If not a lot of glowing tributes have sprung up.

December 3, 2018 @ 9:19 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@FO
Why are you taking this so personally? #1. I'm not a leach. I was diagnosed with Asperger's in my
mid-thirties after a lifetime of falling through the cracks of a system that didn't know what to do
with me. #2. If you don't like my comments, then don't read them. If you are a regular poster, then
why the hell are you hiding under an alias to attack me? Sure, my words were callous and crass, but
I'm entitled to my opinion whether you like it or not. And you exercised your right to excoriate me,
but please don't try to lecture me on being civil and the merits of politeness. Leading with "GO FUCK YOURSELF" doesn't exactly make you the moral authority!! #3. As I've told previous critics of my frequent if sometimes line-straddling posting, nothing is stopping you from doing the same if you do so desire.

December 3, 2018 @ 10:24 AM

Cambo

@JJ

See, your type of comment is absolutely respectful. Disagree with his motives, his policies etc etc. No problem. It's the context of other comments that I find disgraceful. And there hasn't been one president in history that has been an angel, or that everyone will agree was "perfect". You have to be a special kind of person to want that job, and 99% of us aren't it.

But to reduce ourselves to spitting on graves is beneath all of us. Save that for the real scourge of society; the Charles Mansons', Tim McVeigh, Paul Bernardo's, etc.

And I would still take 100 Bush's over the clown that is in there now. At least with Obama, he had the world's respect. The man could speak, and his speeches were a thing of class. Certainly don't agree with everything he did, but he carried himself well.

December 3, 2018 @ 12:06 PM

jj

Cambo - thank you! But bsmntdwllr73 comments this way all the time, and while it isn't everyone's cup of tea, it is who he is and how he speaks. In the context of who he is, that's how he communicates. And it isn't as bad as a comment that an Orange Cheeto supporter would leave either (not that you said this, just as an aside).

For some people, HW is the scourge of society you could say.

It's just that bad that we would take HW or his son, over who is in there now. Like currently, we might get to the point where we miss Mike Harris LOL - I doubt it, but damn DF sucks.

December 3, 2018 @ 12:17 PM

Cambo

@jj

Yep I agree DF is a dumbass as well. I'm a conservative voter, but can't stand DF. I only hope he's got a good circle around him and doesn't try to plough his own way through.

Christine Elliot should have won that nomination- would have been a no-brainer.

December 3, 2018 @ 12:48 PM

jj

Cambo - everyone who voted for DF, or voted Conservative is getting exactly what they asked for this time around. I don't feel sorry anymore for people, DF showed his true colours early on - I guess they could not handle Christine in power. Not that she is able to do anything but tow the line now anyway.

December 3, 2018 @ 3:29 PM

collingwood dave

@ FO, comment of the year..well done...

December 4, 2018 @ 4:30 PM

Anonymous

73 had a typo when he said he was diagnosed with Asbergers. He was diagnosed with asshole syndrome.

Obama got respect from the world by being a spineless pushover.

This thread lost control quick...

December 5, 2018 @ 6:47 AM

@Anonymous

So brave! "Anonymous" belittling the guy opening up about his diagnosis. If you're going to sling mud, at least have the courage to sign your name.

December 5, 2018 @ 10:04 AM

jj

Anonymous - do us a favor and take FO's advice. Y'all really ain't shit coming on here and attacking people behind the anonymous mask.

collingwood dave- can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not!

December 5, 2018 @ 10:54 AM