Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 402: Sarah Burke

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 402In this 402nd episode, Mike chats with radio broadcaster Sarah Burke about her many jobs at SiriusXM and Indie88. This episode is exactly 1:42:18.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Sarah Burke and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Palma Pasta, Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Sensus Design and Build. Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

glb   Palma Pasta   Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair

propertyinthesix   paytm   Sensus Design and Build

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Fakeologist

Smoky hot voice. Reminds me of Dusty Shannon. Get her on.

November 29, 2018 @ 8:43 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
"Sara Smile" was released in early 1976, so you were both more than a little bit off! P.S., can't leave out Fleetwood Mac's 1979 slow dance jam "Sara", a tune that is allegedly based in part on Stevie
Nick's termination of a pregnancy borne out of her tumultuous relationship with Don Henley.
("Rock Star Abortions" should totally be a reoccurring category on Jeopardy!, if it hasn't already to
date!!)

November 29, 2018 @ 10:08 AM

markosaar

Ha I don't think I ever heard Cartoon U before. My go-to was Carleton, where the "K" stands for Quality.

November 29, 2018 @ 10:59 AM

Jody Thornton

@bsmntdwllr73

I always think of January 1980, living out in Cayuga during the winter, as a youngster. They would always play it on Rock 102 (well Stereo Rock automation would....lol) in Buffalo. Weird to think a year after this, Don and Stevie would team up for "Leather and Lace", after such a relationship expired.

November 29, 2018 @ 12:17 PM

Jody Thornton

Er, I was referring to "Sara" by Fleetwood Mac.

November 29, 2018 @ 12:19 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Jody Thornton
The recording of "Leather and Lace" was probably a cakewalk (maybe) after realizing that they neither
belonged together as a couple nor as potential co-parents. Whatever the case, one of the best
songs either of them ever wrote and recorded.

November 29, 2018 @ 3:22 PM

I don't even know why I guessed Sara Smile was from the early 80s, considering I have no memory of when it was a new song. Oh well...

November 29, 2018 @ 5:22 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Don't feel too bad, 'cause I have way too much total recall 'bout all that pop cultural stuff and not a hell of a whole lot else goin' on. My knowing the original release date for "Sara Smile" will never put
food on my table or even minimally impress anyone other than myself. #CircleofNone!!

November 30, 2018 @ 9:47 AM