Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 398: Lowest of the Low Return

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 398In this 398th episode, Lowest of the Low return to discuss Shakespeare My Box and the Canadian music industry before playing live and kicking out the Cancon jams. This episode is exactly 2:02:03.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Lowest of the Low and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Palma Pasta, Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Sensus Design and Build. Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

glb   Palma Pasta   Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair

propertyinthesix   paytm   Sensus Design and Build

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
While I really enjoy that great Chambers Brothers' track "Time Has Come Today", wouldn't Mikey
J.'s "Remember the Time" be a more appropriate musical bumper for your latest episodic feature?!? Then again, Jacko's money-grubbing camp is known to be pretty litigious. so as you were!!

P.S., love the snark about Gene Simmons' ridiculous "The Vault" crapfest! Although I might pay
good money to get myself a copy of his (as yet unpublished) legendary book of sexual conquest Polaroids. Apparently one of his first such groupies was a gal in her late sixties or early seventies back on the group's first tour of Western Canada in 1974 or so. (Please note: All of Gene's sexual shenanigan(s) participants willingly posed for said photos!)

November 14, 2018 @ 9:54 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
June Foray=Rocky J. Squirrel on "The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show", amongst many other notable credits!

November 14, 2018 @ 9:59 AM

@bsmntdwllr73

That's her!

November 14, 2018 @ 10:15 AM

bsmntdwllr73

Lots of great musical memories stirred within me whilst listening to the latest episode. My faves
amongst these 11 tracks included The Skydiggers (great bassline), Weeping Tile and that most
rocking Blurtonia track. Gosh, I sure do miss those heady days of Now Magazine and Exclaim! in their thicker-paged prime, as well as 102.1 the Edge's great weeknight "Live In Toronto" broadcast (where
many of these first tracks were originally showcased). And I can't forget to give a virtual thumbs up to
that fantastic musical performance off the top. Kudos to all involved with this one!

November 14, 2018 @ 1:18 PM

MrTwister

listening to these two jam in your basement is a treat - thanks Mike. Love the Low (almost as much as you do) however I had to stop when I heard weeping tile hit. You don't seem familiar TM so do yourself a favour and sample some of the Sarah Harmer magic. Cold Snap is a brilliant album and her voice holy fuck what an angel. Made a point of seeing her perform whenever they were on Queen bitd.

November 15, 2018 @ 5:39 PM

@MrTwister

I'm pretty familiar with Sarah Harmer. I've seen her live a few times. Heck, I put two of her songs on my Top 100 Canadian Songs list I put together 11 years ago. http://www.torontomike.com/2007/07/top_100_canadian_songs_the_def.html

November 15, 2018 @ 6:59 PM

JM

FYI,

The Frank Turner show at the Phoenix was all ages, It would be interesting for LOL to do an all-ages show.....

November 24, 2018 @ 9:49 AM