Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 397: Kicking Out the Toronto Sports Media

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 397In this 397th episode, Milon Talsania from Fast Time Watch and Jewellery Repair drops by to discuss growing up with Toronto sports teams and the sports media professionals who covered them.. This episode is exactly 1:57:24.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Milon Talsania and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Palma Pasta, Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Sensus Design and Build. Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

glb   Palma Pasta   Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair

propertyinthesix   paytm   Sensus Design and Build

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
I definitely emailed you to inform you that Gladys Knight retired The Pips way back in 1989.
Real sorry to have burst Mr. Rauter's lifelong dream in one fell swoop! However always a good chance that momentarily either the current incarnations of The Temptations or The Four Tops will be looking for their latest fill-ins/replacements!! #Sorry, NoMidnightTrain2Pipsville!

November 12, 2018 @ 4:59 PM

Conor McCreery

This was great. Your guest had some very interesting insights on the Toronto sports scene.

Bring this guy back.

November 12, 2018 @ 7:19 PM

There's already a sports media fan roundtable being planned for January featuring Milon, Brian Gerstein and Hebsy!

November 12, 2018 @ 8:46 PM

Ritesh

Loved the insights shared by Milon. He should be on Primetime with McCown next.

November 12, 2018 @ 10:57 PM

Brian Gerstein (Raptors Devotee

Great episode! Welcome Milon! Looking forward to January, which is a weird thing to say.

November 13, 2018 @ 7:50 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Great chemistry! P.s., ya gotta love a podcast where two grown men openly discussed their childhood fondness for stickers and sticker books, even if they were sports-related! Myself, I was more of a
Wacky Packages/Garbage Pail Kids completist. Concurrent to that, I'd also regularly buy hockey cards to bribe my more nimble classmates into tying my shoes for me. #AwkwardClumsy!

FYI: Interesting Jerry Howarth was the cover story of the Salvation Army's in-house publication
a couple of years back. Up until then I wasn't aware of his devout faith. (Salvationist.ca)

November 13, 2018 @ 10:05 AM

Edward

Fairly sure that the 1985 AL East division winning clinching game was on TSN. If memory serves, I believe Fergie Olver (play-by-play) called the game. I caught the end of the game on radio because it was on Sunday afternoon and I was coming home from church. The way Tom Cheek called it, I initially thought George Bell fell to his knees and missed the ball, but we know it was in celebration.

November 13, 2018 @ 11:52 AM

LieveFamke

Milan is the anti-Elvis! He actually listens to episodes and has comments about them. (Don't worry Elvis, I still love your episodes!)

November 14, 2018 @ 10:32 AM

LieveFamke

oops sorry Milon!!

November 14, 2018 @ 10:33 AM

@LieveFamke

The question is, does Milon listen to episodes that don't feature sports media personalities?

November 14, 2018 @ 10:58 AM

LieveFamke

We'll have to wait for Milon to weigh in! :)

November 14, 2018 @ 1:26 PM

Jamally

So much awesome content, it's hard to listen and read it all. I love this site so much

November 14, 2018 @ 1:32 PM

Milon

Hello everyone. Thank you for the kind comments. Had a great time doing this with Mike. Amazing how fast 2 hours can fly by (the listeners may not agree). Looking forward to our next chat in January with Mr. Gerstein & Mr. Hebscher!

My streak of listening to exclusively Sports Media Personalities on Toronto Mike'd will end this weekend as I go back to the archives and listen to the much talked about infamous episode #368 featuring Molly Johnson.

November 15, 2018 @ 10:52 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Milon
Be sure to have some nice tasty snacks by your side as you listen and perhaps a bottle of
Gravol, too, as that particular episode goes all over the place emotionally. #(e)MotionSickness!!
(A support animal, either real or stuffed(!), might also make for a good listening co-pilot as well!)

November 15, 2018 @ 11:09 AM