Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 396: Acid Test Returns

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 396In this 396th episode, Acid Test talk about their current tour before kicking out the jams. This episode is exactly 1:25:03.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Acid Test and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Palma Pasta, Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Sensus Design and Build. Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

glb   Palma Pasta   Fast Time Watch & Jewellery Repair

propertyinthesix   paytm   Sensus Design and Build

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

bsmntdwllr73

Nice to finally hear some Jeff Beck (from the almighty pen of Stevie Wonder) on KOTJ!
Nice one, Steve!!

November 10, 2018 @ 10:08 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Ah, I know that it is a long track and all, but you cut poor Jim off before he could subtly express his
unchecked carnal lust for his poor ma!! Think that even I got a contact high off that one without
sparking one up (which I'd clearly never do!).

November 10, 2018 @ 10:48 AM

@bsmntwllr73

I can't load it in the soundboard if it's over 10 minutes, and last time I left my set up to play a jam, it messed with the Lou Schizas recording. So, I cut poor Jim off.

November 10, 2018 @ 1:06 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Can't fault the technical logic on that decision! I simply relied on my extensive, never-fail
musical (and sometimes lyrical) memory to fill in those seemingly Oedipal blanks!!

November 10, 2018 @ 1:12 PM

Urooj Islam

Wow, I can't ever recall a podcast guest photo in the dark before.

'Tis the season for 5 PM sunsets but I guess you've avoided that in the past by scheduling the guest earlier in the day during winter or taken the podcast photo indoors.

November 10, 2018 @ 11:14 PM

@Urooj Islam

Back in the day, when it was dark out, I took the photo inside. Stephen Stanley, for example.

But on Friday night, at 6pm, I decided to do it in the dark.

Fun fact: Acid Test was scheduled for 2pm but they were coming from Kingston and were behind schedule. When we started recording, it was an empty home, but by the time the last jam was kicked out, five others were upstairs.

November 11, 2018 @ 10:26 AM

LieveFamke

I could have listened to both of their top 10s instead of 5 and 5!

November 11, 2018 @ 4:07 PM

Anon&on

Since you were talkin Apo Now, you could have gone with the 4:14 soundtrack version of The End- you give up length but you get the helicopter blades from the opening title shot and a nice fade out. I'd use that if anybody makes that pick in the future. Or you could have thrown up the Nico cover- to tie that all together.
Curious from the Andy episode- has any guest brought their own headphones?

November 13, 2018 @ 9:31 PM

@Anon&on

No guest has brought their own headphones.

Once a guest refused to wear headphones, though.

November 14, 2018 @ 8:19 AM