Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 380: Peter Gross

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 380In this 380th episode, Mike chats with Peter Gross about his stints at City TV and 680 as well as his love for fried chicken, horse racing and more. This episode is exactly 1:31:44.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Peter Gross and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Sensus Design & Build.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm   Sensus Design and Build

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

dale

Great Convo Mike. Peter I listen to U you every morning on 680 with sports updates & an icon in Toronto Media.

September 25, 2018 @ 10:59 PM

Brian Gerstein (Raptors Devotee)

Really enjoyed listening to Peter bare all. When I arrived in Toronto I naturally gravitated to Peter and his unique way of talking sports in a clear and concise way, always adding humour to it.

RetroOntario is there to offer up tons of great clips when Peter could be Peter unrestrained and let loose by Moses so I can see the hijinx that went on before my arrival.

September 25, 2018 @ 11:49 PM

bsmntdwllr73

What an incredible interview!! His frank and extensive discussion around his issues with both
gambling and illicit substances resonated on many levels with me as my late father had similar
struggles, 'cept he died very prematurely (long-time sober at the time but it caught up with him
very-belatedly). Always enjoyed Mr. Gross and his various escapades back in the day. A real
shame about the sad decline of the CityTv empire in the post-Moses Znaimer era. P.S., I also had
his brother as a substitute teacher in the early '80s and I , too, remember his denials of being
related to Peter!! Fun times.

September 26, 2018 @ 10:22 AM

Barry

I loved listening to this. CityPulse was my go-to newscast in those days, and I loved the City sports team. Peter was a favourite, of course. I always thought his move out of sports, and then his departure from City, were just a matter of him becoming too big for the station. I remember watching that last appearance, and Butterbump in the Eighth, and thinking that the next time I heard his name it would be on a network broadcast. But I didn't hear his name again for years until he turned up on radio.

As always, this was a very revealing interview that put the pieces together. It's a good example of what makes the "Real Talk" claim stick. Peter said aloud, many times, "I can't believe I'm telling you this," and he's not the first guest to surprise himself. He came across as a very likeable guy with some demons, but demons that affect him more than anyone else, and he at least tries to deal with those demons. The gambling problem worries me, so I hope he's able to keep that under control.

September 26, 2018 @ 3:36 PM

Rush Mike

This is now one of my all-time favorite episodes. Peter was so open & honest about his past & present. I have seen his movie "Rip Off" at least a few times, when it aired late night on CityTV in the late 70's and early 80's, a "great" low budget Toronto film.

September 28, 2018 @ 8:42 AM

Rick C in Oakville

Very revealing, Peter was very forthcoming about his issues, which even I as a non media person would have trouble admitting to. That is what makes your podcasts unique and a deep dive for sure.

October 4, 2018 @ 7:50 PM

Boomer

Just finished listening to this. What an interesting guy and I cannot imagine him ON drugs.

October 22, 2018 @ 1:40 PM