Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 377: Gary Cormier

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 377In this 377th episode, Mike chats with Gary Cormier of The Garys about his years promoting concerts in Toronto at the Horseshoe Tavern, The Edge, Larry's Hideaway and elsewhere, including The Police Picnic. This episode is exactly 1:24:53.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Gary Cormier and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Sensus Design & Build.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm   Sensus Design and Build

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Sam in Pickering

What I love the most about Toronto Mike'd is when I don't recognize the name and then leave the episode realizing what a key part of Toronto history that guest was. This is a great episode!

September 20, 2018 @ 8:04 AM

A few post-episode notes...

Leon Russell played on and arranged This Diamond Ring and also was the leader of Mad Dogs and Englishmen.

Bob Mould is very much alive. It's Hüsker Dü drummer Grant Hart who recently passed away.

And here's the photo Brian Gerstein asked about, scanned from Gary Cormier's personal collection. You'll need to hear the episode to realize how significant this is.

September 20, 2018 @ 8:13 AM

Teaser trailer:

Also, I am curious to hear from regular listeners what they thought of the audio quality of this episode. I did something different. Actually, I did a couple of different things, so if you have a complaint, now's the time to share it!

September 20, 2018 @ 9:08 AM

markosaar

re: audio quality, I meant to mention, the Property in the 6 ad was much louder than the rest of the show. Hurt with my headphones in while biking.

September 20, 2018 @ 10:05 AM

Raptors Devotee (Brian Gerstein)

Sorry to hear that Mark, Mike had asked me how it sounded, and I replied great, so I imagine that it just needs to be tweaked.

September 20, 2018 @ 10:17 AM

markosaar

I mean, quality is great! It was just unevenly loud :)

September 20, 2018 @ 11:34 AM

My bad re: Property in the Six jingle, if it was too loud. I likely had the fader too high when I clicked the file.

September 20, 2018 @ 2:09 PM

bsmntdwllr73

A fine companion show to that History of the Horseshoe episode. Hopefully Mr. Cormier
will come back at a latter date when he is feeling better and will talk at greater length about
his fascinating career. Look, I'm not a germophobe or anything, but I certainly hope that
Mike hosed the TMDS studio down after this one. My ears kinda felt like they needed some hazmat-
suit enclosed headphones to listen to this one without catching anything!!! achoo....

September 26, 2018 @ 10:47 AM

dan d

Nice podcast with my old friend G Cormier.
BTW - Police picnic 1 had Killing Joke not Birthday Party.
Bob Mould from Husker Du fame is still very much alive, releasing records and touring.

October 5, 2018 @ 12:32 PM

@dan d

Yes, I confused Bob Mould with Grant Hart.

October 5, 2018 @ 3:01 PM

dan d

@TorontoMike

Oh Ya Grant Hart. RIP. I think I saw one of his gigs at either The Rivoli or Soboney. Too many shows.

October 5, 2018 @ 9:03 PM

Gary Topp

Enjoyed!

October 6, 2018 @ 10:07 AM

@Gary Topp

I'd love to have you on as well!

October 6, 2018 @ 10:24 AM