Greg Terrion, Dead at 58

Greg TerrionGreg Terrion was 58. He played six seasons with the Toronto Maple Leafs, from 1982-1988. In total, he scored 93 goals and added 150 assists over 561 NHL games.

greg-terrion

Goggles Paesano

I wish the cause of death was disclosed. If there is no comment and the person is under 60, it’s sadly probably a suicide.

September 30, 2018 @ 8:04 AM

Peter from Mississauga

I read he passed away from a heart attack. Whenever I went to the Gardens to watch a game in the 80's he would often get applause from the crowd after his shift for his effort on the ice.

September 30, 2018 @ 11:12 PM

FW

My favorite player when I was really young. RIP Greg.

October 2, 2018 @ 3:15 PM

Danielle A

I am Greg’s cousin and at this time we believe he had a heart attack. The report is not yet back. Please never comment an assumption on someone’s cause of death, especially starting a rumour of suicide. That is very reckless.

October 2, 2018 @ 8:05 PM

Colleen

Greg was my favourite hockey player growing up. Crowd always applauded his hard work! Greg! Met him once while he pumped my gas and I got his autograph! Great guy!

October 3, 2018 @ 4:36 PM

Tony P

I started watching the leafs in the early 80's , I was about 6 years old , and I remember all these players , vaive , derlago, bester, wregget, korn, frycer etc.. Terrion and daoust were my favourite players, and I once in a while Google these players to see what their up to , what they do now, and it was just the a week ago I googled terrion. It was very sad to to read on the leafs site he passed away , when you look at his pics , he always had intensity in his eyes, and I remember him playing hard ever game , every shift . I'm also curious on how he passed away , and to be honest , I also thought he may have taken his own life , Cus their was no reason given , but his cousin is right , it is reckless to say that, I don't think any malice was intended, but either way, it's sad to hear he passed, and condolences to his family. Greg will always be remembered in the hockey world as a Leaf. The name Terrion , will always be attributed to it. R i p Greg Terrion.

October 3, 2018 @ 6:23 PM

T.P

Hopefully they honour him tonight at the game .

October 3, 2018 @ 6:27 PM

80s leaf fan

Thanks to Greg's cousin for commenting....
absolutely correct about assumption and rumors...not cool for his loved ones.
i met Greg a few times and he was very kind to the fans. he did give a great effort!!
Rest in Peace #7
xoxo

October 3, 2018 @ 7:34 PM

NG Toronto

He was a regular with the Leafs in the 80s during some pretty tough but exciting years. Sad to see him go so early. He was only 58.

October 5, 2018 @ 12:57 PM

Anonymous

met him in brantford ay my parents house. they billoted Ric Nattress and they were friends. He was the funniest guy I ever met, quick with the wit. loved him big time

October 19, 2018 @ 11:37 PM