David Shoalts and Gare Joyce Comedy at #TMLX2

Last night's #TMLX2 was awesome. In addition to the live music there was stand up comedy from David Shoalts and Gare Joyce. I now have in my possession a recording of these sets, which I share with you all now.

Be warned, there are no swears, but some of the content is not for the faint of heart. In Gare's words, "no profanity, extreme vulgarity".

David Shoalts

Gare Joyce

Wow

This is amazing.

September 14, 2018 @ 10:51 AM

Al The Royal Pain

It certainly wasn't an environment conducive to stand-up comedy, so I give credit to both Dave and Gare for doing it.

I feel there was a lot of cringing during Dave's set (by me anyway) only because there were some young ears in the audience. Imagine going to a show expecting Splash 'n' Boots and then finding out that not only were they not going to be there, but this guy was going to graphically talk about intimate moments (or lack thereof) with his wife. Talk about the ultimate Bait and switch!

I was just waiting for one of the kids to ask, "Daddy, what does masturbate mean?" LOL!

Overall, I thought both guys did a great job! Kudos!

September 14, 2018 @ 10:56 AM

elvis

Be forewarned, you need a NY Times subscription to fully appreciate Gare's set...he does deep on US politics with characters I'm not sure are household names.

September 14, 2018 @ 4:06 PM

Courtesy of Moosegrumpy

September 14, 2018 @ 4:09 PM

bsmntdwllr73

GLB's patio was an appropriate spot for live stand-up comedy and there were only a couple of
kids there anyway, and Mr. Joyce advised the parents of one of the tots to put his headphones
back on. Both men were very funny, but I personally felt that there were perhaps more than a
few too many side conversations going on closer to the retail outlet, when perhaps it would
have been nicer if a little bit more attention had been paid to the stage. Mike generously offered me a couple of minutes of stage time to do a bit of warm-up before the two more experienced gents, but I was a little worried that the material I prepared might not have found favor with the crowd.Nothing profane or controversial about it, but if some of the crowd didn't pay rapt attention to two guys working a similar sports beat, then what chance would a no-name bsmntdwllr like myself have had? Maybe next time?!?

September 14, 2018 @ 4:17 PM

jens

HI,

David Shoalts on painting is his bathroom, funny stuff!
Gonna love the hipsters as well hahaha

Thanks for sharing!