Canadians to Reach #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Hits 51

Drake's In My Feelings has reached number one. That means there have now been 51 songs by Canadians to hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Here's the complete list of 51 songs performed by a Canadian citizen to top the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

1. It's Love-Love-Love by Guy Lombardo
  41. The Hills by The Weeknd
  42. Sorry by Justin Bieber
  43. Love Yourself by Justin Bieber
  44. Work by Rihanna Featuring Drake
  45. One Dance by Drake Featuring WizKid & Kyla
  46. Starboy by The Weeknd featuring Daft Punk
  47. I'm the One by DJ Khaled featuring Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, and Lil Wayne
  48. Despacito by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee featuring Justin Bieber
  49. God's Plan by Drake
  50. Nice For What by Drake
  51. In My Feelings by Drake

bsmntdwllr73

Back off Drake!! it's time to let some other Canuck talent have a crack at topping the Billboard Hot
100. Ya know, something preferably with real guitars, drums and legit vocal talent!! Oh, sorry, should have probably kept that last part limited to an interior monologue! Regardless of any repeated displeasure and sarcasm on my part, it really is possible to trace the sad decline of mainstream/
popular Canadian music through this chart. Some Guy Lombardo and Percy Faith would really
soothe this particular pilgrim's over-burdened soul at this very moment. Off to Youtube and beyond...

September 10, 2018 @ 3:59 PM

McNulty

Let me sum up what bsmt said, “get off my lawn!”

Music changes. It has and always will. Good on Drake for his achievements.

September 10, 2018 @ 6:05 PM

Urooj Islam

So proud that a Canadian is having unprecedented levels of success in hip hop music like Drake is.

I never thought I'd see the day.

September 10, 2018 @ 8:28 PM

Rick

Quite the story behind Sheriff's - When I'm with You. Coincidentally, that's the last song I know from the list. Everything after that, I'm clueless on.

September 11, 2018 @ 8:53 AM

Anonymous

Posted this before: When most of the regular commenters on here were younger the various charts were accommodating to assorted genres and styles of music. This is no longer true. Sure, music changes, and while I wouldn't expect most of today younglings to give a damn 'bout the artists/bands I hold most sacred, pretty hard to get excited about the current crop of pop stars. Hear(!) today, gone later this afternoon!!The same will probably hold true for the golden boy of the moment, Drake. And the fact that he's from the Six and is a proud proponent for the city doesn't take away from the largely generic nature of his sound. Aural beauty is definitely in the ears of the beholder, but all Ihear is a hell of a lot of Auto-Tune, excessive Pro-Tools manipulation and far too many guests/co-
signs. Still waiting in vain for someone to release a track where the artist or group credit simply goes
to Featuring....and like at least 10-12 names appear, which if you bother to read the liner notes
(does anyone other than me even do this anymore?!?), is the average number of writers on most
Pop/Hip Hop tracks. It's like reading the masthead of a law firm!!!

September 11, 2018 @ 12:56 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Sorry, the above comment was from me. Accidentally pushed "POST COMMENT" before I could type
in my alias. Always good to take pseudonymous credit for 'one's work', especially if it might
provoke comments of dissent in the ones and the twos!

September 11, 2018 @ 1:01 PM

McNulty

Seriously, bsmt. You need to stop being a stereotype. People have been saying, “music today sucks!” As long as music has been around.

Remember this quote (and it is eerily similar to yours) by the Boston Globe on Sept 13, 1964

“The Beatles are not merely awful; I would consider it sacrilegious to say anything less than that they are god awful. They are so unbelievably horribly, so appalling unmusical, so dogmatically insensitive to the magic of art that the quality as crowned heads of anti-music, even as the imposter popes went down in history as ‘anti-popes’”

So.....in other words....get off my lawn!

Music changes. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t t make it generic.

September 12, 2018 @ 2:53 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@McNulty
All personal musical taste aside, my use of the term GENERIC had more to do with the over-processed
sound of most modern pop music. "Mutt" Lange at his most musically excessive couldn't hold a candle to the manufacturers of much of today's seemingly Ikea-manufactured po(o)p! Glad to know
that you have the backs of the younger generation. I'm sure that the grateful likes of Drake, Ed Sheeran and Cardi B. have already added you to their already over-stuffed Christmas card lists!!!

September 12, 2018 @ 3:02 PM

McNulty

I actually don’t care for Drake that much. And I’m not even sure I know a Cardi B song. As for Ed Sheeran, I don’t care for him either. Give me a Tom Waits album and I’m happy forever. I just don’t lament or decry “today’s music”. Some of it I like and some of it I don’t. I’m not their target audience.

September 12, 2018 @ 5:50 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@McNulty
I agree with your Tom Waits choice and I also agree that I'm also not in the target audience. My main gripe is that while I know there are a plethora of ways to enjoy all the music that I personally like,
the near commercial extinction of straight-ahead pop/rock music is a very disturbing trend to
me.

September 13, 2018 @ 10:14 AM

m m

Out of the last 15 on the list, only 1-2 are not low risk affairs. Drake especially is the modern version of easy listening, the music doesn't engage me at all. The Weeknd pulls the average up out of this bunch.

September 14, 2018 @ 10:52 AM

Gare Joyce

How didn't Steal My Sunshine make it to No. 1?

September 16, 2018 @ 7:43 PM