Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 353: Dart Guy

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 353In this 353rd episode, Mike chats with Dart Guy about how he's parlaying his 15 minutes of fame into his dream job. This episode is exactly 1:46:57.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Dart Guy and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Camp Tournesol.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm   paytm

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

bsmntdwllr73

Too early in his career to be seen without the facepaint!! KISS went to great measures in the
early part of their career attempting to block the release of photos of themselves in civilian clothes
and sans makeup. Starting to listen to this one immediately!!

June 28, 2018 @ 12:01 PM

Urooj Islam

@bsmntdwllr73

Haha, but he doesn't go by his real name and brings the cigarette so he's still in character even without the facepaint.

But you're right, I was hoping he would show up in full facepaint.

June 28, 2018 @ 1:59 PM

I'm convinced

I'm convinced you can have anyone on and make it compelling. That was great fun!

June 28, 2018 @ 5:13 PM

annon

Really who cares...Not even his parents.....

June 28, 2018 @ 5:51 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Good for him, we need our everyday sports fanatics( can't think of the right word to describe these characters) that bring some fun to the team, and aren't on the payroll, like the Oskoweewee fellow at Ticat games for decades, my kids looked forward to him getting the crowd to chant

June 28, 2018 @ 6:14 PM

dale

Much better podcast that I thought.
Thanks for asking my questions & great response from Dart Guy.

June 28, 2018 @ 6:18 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Very amiable fellow and good to see that he is taking his success in stride and is not resting
on his laurels. Personally, still waiting for the metaphorical lightning to strike me, but in my case,
it will actually be lightning and I'll probably turn into a vegetable!! At least in the comics you often
wind-up with superpowers!!

@Mike
Love the idea of that "Darty Tunes" CD compilation but methinks the idea might be at least a decade and a half too late! Can't fault the Dart Jams you chose, but I have to admit that I very much prefer Kris Kristofferson's author's take on that Johnny Cash selection (schmaltzy sixties' production values and such!!). Also, can't fault Dart Guy's personal Jam pick, as it is my favourite song from that band's quintessential slice of Canadiana, a.k.a., their second full-length album!!

June 29, 2018 @ 9:34 AM

bsmntdwllr73

Forgot to mention, I scoped out that Deluxe Hamburger joint as mentioned on this episode and I must say the menu looks very impressive. Maybe I could spend my weekend making a feeble attempt
to hitchhike out to Sudbury for a burger or five. Probably wouldn't make it past the city limits,
as my hitchhiking game currently isn't on point, and I'm not looking too forward to participating
in a real-life simulation of that original Degrassi episode where Wheels got picked up by that
pervy/handsy old geezer! But the BurgerFest is on again next weekend at Ontario place. But I
can't see myself paying $10 or $20 just for the privilege of walking through the gates!!

June 29, 2018 @ 9:49 AM

bsmntdwllr73

Absolutely no excuse on my part for the extremely poor sentence construction in the final
two lines of my last comment. I will now punish myself by going and eating some kind of Tofu-
based product. No offence meant to any fans of Tofu, but I'm not personally a fan!

June 29, 2018 @ 10:18 AM

markosaar

My favourite 'dart jam' is ... Cigarette Dangles!

June 29, 2018 @ 10:20 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@markosaar
Can't believe that I didn't even remember that key Dart Jam was excluded. Good catch!
And thanks for previously listing that free TPOH gig in that Danforth park next week. Can't miss!!

June 29, 2018 @ 10:23 AM

@markosaar

Darn, that's a no brainer. I should have spent more than 2 minutes assembling my list!

June 29, 2018 @ 10:38 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
You were probably too overwhelmed with the anticipation of the excellence that was ultimately
produced by this episode, and in proving the naysayers wrong!! Not that I'm suggesting that
you even entertained such pettiness for even an instance!!

June 29, 2018 @ 10:42 AM

markosaar

I'm stupidly excited for that show. Fourth time seeing TPOH ... more than any other band.

June 29, 2018 @ 10:54 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@markosaar
I've seen Joe Jackson four times, but never for free or in a local park!!

Also, "Last Cigarette" by Dramarama is another lesser-known, but totally awesome Dart
Jam for folks to possibly check out!!

June 29, 2018 @ 11:12 AM

Scott

I wonder if Derringer is still on the darts, I remember he made himself the Tool of the Day back in the early 2000s when he had started smoking again. Also I know you always ask guests about him and I can confirm he is a class act. I listened to his show on the Fan every morning in the 90s when I was a kid. I sent the station a fax once (didn't have the internet yet) just saying I liked the show. He called me that night and mentioned me on the air the next morning!

June 29, 2018 @ 6:25 PM

Rick C in Oakville

I have been to Deluxe Hamburger a few times over the years, and its a good old fashion burger joint. The single yellow arch is almost like a subtle middle finger to Mcd' s.
We use to have in Oakville Big Macks( or Super Macks) in the 80' s, it and Deluxe were very similar.

June 29, 2018 @ 9:50 PM

dale

Deluxe is the best overall in Ont. Burgers or Chicken sandwich combo.
Webers on Hwy 11 was good but nothing to compare to Deluxe.
Going to the big smoke in 3 weeks & already out my order in.

June 29, 2018 @ 10:54 PM

Jason from Sudbury

Enjoyed this. Thanks for asking my question Mike

Other dart jams that could've been included in this list...
The Glorious Sons - Everything Is Alright
The Glorious Sons - Kill The Lights
Cage The Elephant - Cigarette Daydreams
Hawksley Workman - Jealous Of Your Cigarette
And of course one of Cheryl's favorits...Bob Seger's Turn The Page. (Smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said.)

King Of The Road...forget who sings it now, but one of the lyrics in the song is (Ain't got no cigarettes)

June 30, 2018 @ 6:00 PM

How did I forget Turn the Page...

June 30, 2018 @ 7:54 PM

LieveFamke

So I guess Dart Guy needs to quit now that JT is coming to the Leafs?

July 1, 2018 @ 9:27 PM