Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 349: Sean Cullen

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 349In this 349th episode, Mike chats with Sean Cullen about Corky and the Juice Pigs, his many television appearances and trying to make it in Canadian comedy. This episode is exactly 1:36:04.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Sean Cullen and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Camp Tournesol.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm   paytm

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Sole Glo

His skin is way too silky smooth.

June 14, 2018 @ 2:15 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Okay, so I have to admit that I was a bit confused by the above comment at first, and thusly thought
that I had mistakenly logged on to a health and beauty blog, which, as the human equivalent
of Shrek, would make absolutely no sense whatsoever!! Regardless, I quickly recovered, and I
have to say that this was yet another compelling listen. Nice reminisces about the heyday of
independent artists selling their cassettes (often on consignment) at Sam the Record Man/HMV.
And another thing: I had completely forgotten about that Corky and the Juice Pigs "I'm the
Only Gay Eskimo" track and that grunge parody from Radio Free Vestibule. Youtube quickly
cured me of that momentary lapse of reason(!).

One major quibble: Respectfully disagree with Mike and Mr. Cullen regarding Norm Macdonald.
Have never been a fan except for one thing: His killer take-downs of Larry King's long-running
and quite insane USA Today columns on SNL back in the mid nineties. Those bits were great,
but I will never get the time back I spent watching "Dirty Work" ever again, and I attended
a free sneak preview. Definitely should have been paid to have been there!!!

June 15, 2018 @ 4:42 PM

susan

I've always thought that Sean was a very under-appreciated talent...as well as Ron James.

June 15, 2018 @ 7:11 PM

@bsmntdwllr73

Sorry, man... Norm MacDonald makes me laugh.... HARD!

June 15, 2018 @ 9:43 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
No worries!! Although Mr. Cullen's impersonation sounded more like a good take on Bobby
Zimmerman, imho!!! P.S., you haven't met me (YET!!), but I can solemnly guarantee that I am
absolutely funnier than he is (and stone cold sober and a non-gambler to boot!!!).

June 16, 2018 @ 9:31 AM

I watched this when it first aired and laughed so hard I still hurt.

June 16, 2018 @ 9:38 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
She's hot, but I find him to be too much like his SNL impersonations of Burt Reynolds: Over the
top and beyond annoying. Could be jealousy, or may I just have a keen eye for comic hackery.
Comedic taste is in the ear of the listener, but wasn't kidding when I wrote that I could put him
and many others under the table on their best day. Ain't no comic (largely unproven as of yet!!)
like an Aspie comic, and I don't mean like some of those younglings you can catch on Youtube and
their lame/wack routines. But unlike me, at least they have the testicular fortitude to put themselves
out there. And, Folks, kindly do remember, a clown is often just a sad shell of a man with his frown
upside down! I'd try to go and ask Robin W. 'bout this theory but he's no longer with us! Too soon?!?

June 16, 2018 @ 9:43 AM

H.o.E.

Norm definitely made my laugh at times, but I paid to see him at The Queen Elizabeth Theatre (forgotten when exactly, might have been about 5 years ago) and found it to be a little disappointing and otherwise not memorable, and I left thinking I would skip it if there was a next time.

June 16, 2018 @ 1:14 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Am I mistaken but was there not a time when Sean performed bald, or maybe it was the hat hiding his beautiful head of hair?(coming from a follickly challenged male)

June 16, 2018 @ 9:26 PM

@Rick C in Oakville

I don't believe he was ever bald, just hatted.

June 16, 2018 @ 10:03 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@H.o.E.
Thanks for somewhat vindicating my perhaps jaundiced view with regards to the so-called
comedic stylings of Norm Macdonald. While he might not be as horrific as the likes of Carrot
Top and Gallagher (Ugh, prop 'comedy'!!), I suppose comedic satisfaction is ultimately in the
discerning ears of its intended audience! I guess I will continue to be an outlier where he is
concerned?!?