Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 348: Ann Rohmer

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 348In this 348th episode, Mike chats with Ann Rohmer about her career at City TV and CP24, her two retirements and returns, and the exciting plunge she might soon take. This episode is exactly 1:39:30.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Ann Rohmer and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Camp Tournesol.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm   paytm

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Beatts

Still a fox.

Anne's hot too

June 13, 2018 @ 12:58 PM

Beatts

Good god man.

Don't let your wives listen to this one...You can cut the sexual tension with a knife! lol

June 13, 2018 @ 1:33 PM

Beatts

"I don't know if the erotic faze/fad is going to stick" was a fantastic choice of words lol :)

June 13, 2018 @ 2:11 PM

Beatts

Just got to the Gallagher part. Him Lying ? Who would have seen that coming ?

/Sarcasm

June 13, 2018 @ 2:32 PM

H.o.E.

BTW, how difficult could it be to run against Giorgio Mammoliti in that ward, with a slogan of "I'm not demonstrably insane" ?

June 13, 2018 @ 2:52 PM

markosaar

@H.oE.,

The problem is vote-splitting. It's amazing that anyone votes for him at all though, but such is the power of the incumbent.

June 13, 2018 @ 3:02 PM

bsmntdwllr73

To quote from the excerpted lyrics from a little-known song from an obscure, unsung(!!)
band from Kingston: "It's been a long time coming, it's well worth the wait.'

Could have easily listened to this conversation for another couple of hours at least! Still,
(Spoiler Alert!!) quite saddened to learn that those Keg Gift Cards were merely a myth.
Mad chemistry between Mike and Ann, so Boots, Colleen Rusholme and Teri Hart all now
have some serious competition in that department!!

June 13, 2018 @ 3:31 PM

Urooj Islam

The best post-episode photo in Toronto Mike'd history along with Mike doing ALL the ads off the top so he doesn't have to interrupt the interview...

...this is gong to be good.

June 13, 2018 @ 3:59 PM

@Urooj Islam

I actually talk up Camp Tournesol later in the ep and Pay TM at the end. :)

Still an epic ep, if I do say so myself!

June 13, 2018 @ 4:28 PM

Raptors Devotee (Brian Gerstein)

Ann is one of a kind. Never had one of Mike's guest's take the time to call me after the show to thank me for my question. There is a reason why Ann is so universally loved by everybody who she comes across. She has that "je ne sais quoi" kind of like Audrey Hepburn which can't be learned, you got it or you don't.

June 13, 2018 @ 5:08 PM

Urooj Islam

Great episode, man. Ann is such a sweetheart.

The only guest in Toronto Mike'd history where you could do an entire separate episode of you just asking other Toronto Mike'd guests about her. Glad you finally got the chance to have her on the show.

Also, I can't believe she actually called Brian, I thought she was joking. What a lovely person.

June 13, 2018 @ 8:38 PM

After Ann left my place, she went to Ikea to grab some food. She texted me from there, and I jokingly said I would have joined her. (not actually a joke)

She offered to pick up food and bring it back to my place!

She's a sweetheart!

June 13, 2018 @ 8:50 PM

Beatts

I would still go for lunch with Ann on Friday at noon and not return until Monday....

June 13, 2018 @ 9:06 PM

Jody Thornton

I'm very happy for you Mike. I say that because I really know you strived hard in getting her on your show. You made quite an impressive accomplishment with this podcast. Be proud of yourself.

June 13, 2018 @ 9:09 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Awesome, finally happened! Will listen Thursday.

June 13, 2018 @ 9:22 PM

@Jody Thornton

Thanks!

June 13, 2018 @ 9:32 PM

Freedom 55

Mike

I am happy that the Ann Rohmer retirement mystery has finally been solved...a bit anti-climatic mind you...but I am happy for you.

P.S. Nice engagement photo

June 13, 2018 @ 10:19 PM

@Freedom 55

If you found that anti-climatic, I'd love to know what the heck you were expecting!

June 13, 2018 @ 10:38 PM

Aidan

BEST TORONTO MIKE EPISODE EVER!!!!!!!

June 13, 2018 @ 10:46 PM

Robert

Hello Mike

Finally!! You got Anne Rohmer!! Sir, I now firmly believe you can get anyone. Well done.

Now all we need hear from is Gord Martineau and I would like to hear from Kevin Frankish post BT.

Personally I would like to hear from some of the Global Morning Show hosts; Jeff or Carolyn.

May I suggest another guest. One that I know has had quite a history. Lunette from The Big Comfy Couch. Alison ??

Anyway, kudos on getting Anne.

June 14, 2018 @ 5:58 AM

Robert

Hello Mike

Anyway, kudos on getting Anne.

June 14, 2018 @ 5:58 AM

Mike

Mike, bravo on the last few weeks the episodes have been a real treat. Loved the Ann Rohmer episode. Would love to hear Kevin Frankish again as Robert mentioned earlier. Fantastic work and thank you! Have you thought about Jennifer Valentine.

PS love the Two photos. Ann has still got it.

June 14, 2018 @ 6:28 PM

@Mike

Thanks!

I asked Jennifer Valentine but she kicked it over to Corus PR and they said no. Now, this was before she was on Q when she was doing a Bachelor post-episode show thingy, so maybe things have changed. I'll try again.

Ann was amazing!

June 14, 2018 @ 10:56 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Anne seemed so relaxed, and gave up some info that most wouldn't touch, Salmings hammer size for one.
I had to Google Anne's age as I thought I had misheard her age (59) in one of the stories, she looks like a late 30' s in your picture.

June 15, 2018 @ 6:31 AM

Hamish Grant

Hey Mike! Finally. Anne! So good.

We were listening in the car but had to stop because Anne was too far from the mic. Even after three requests from you for her to get closer it just didn't seem to happen. Any chance of you EQing the show to balance your voices?

Thanks for everything you do.

June 17, 2018 @ 10:39 PM

Jillian

"that's her recollection"? Is Ann really insinuating that Christine Bentley doesn't recall her own firing from CTV?

June 18, 2018 @ 3:30 PM

@Jillian

That was the one comment I thought was erroneous. Because without a doubt, sometimes you're pushed out and still get to say goodbye and/or spin it like you jumped.

Not everyone who is pushed out (see Christine Bentley) leaves immediately with a box in their hands.

June 18, 2018 @ 3:37 PM

JR

A huge fan of Ann always. I guess she wasn't too crazy about Kevin Frankish, but professionalism wins in the end. I fast forwarded over the politics, which is another reason I won't listen to the Brunt/Blair podcast.

June 19, 2018 @ 4:49 PM