Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 344: Jay Brody and Roddy Colmer

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 344In this 344th episode, Mike chats with Jay Brody and Roddy Colmer about their Sirius XM show The Dumb Show, why they left The Todd Shapiro Show, Roddy's work with Rebel Emergency and his recent solo effort and Jay's work at Y108. This episode is exactly 1:39:13.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Jay Brody, Roddy Colmer and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Camp Tournesol.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm   paytm

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Not at all familiar with either of these gentleman or their previous work, but have to admit that,
on the surface, they look more than a little bit intimidating!! I hope they both got a six-pack 'cause
I wouldn't wanna get in the way of those two having to divvy that thing up! Gonna try to listen, but
feeling a wee bit intimidated!!

June 6, 2018 @ 5:00 PM

Name recognition might not be high with this guys, but the stories about what went down on The Todd Shapiro show and with Ben at Y108 are pretty compelling. This ep will surprise people.

June 6, 2018 @ 5:03 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
I was out all afternoon experiencing some of that thing supposedly known as real life! So imagine
my surprise when I discovered this most unexpected episode. And my previous comment was
quickly answered early on when I gladly learned that both guests received their own six-packs
(never was really in doubt, just a little unsure 'cause only one six-pack made it into the photo!!).

June 6, 2018 @ 5:06 PM

This episode is the meat in my Vic Rauter / Stephen Brunt sandwich. :)

June 6, 2018 @ 5:15 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Joe Jackson did a song on his "Jumpin' Jive" album called "You're My Meat" back in 1981!!
It was a cover from way back so not really sure about this song's intent, but it might have
been somewhat prurient!! Might be more impressed if the Toronto Mike'd show sandwich involved Boots and Teri Hart!! (Get yer mind out of the gutter!!!)

June 6, 2018 @ 5:19 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Wasn't previously beforehand with Rodney's music, but a grave disservice to compare him to
Adam Levine, ''cause based on a first or second listen, he is a hell of a lot more talented than that
pretty boy 'poseur!!' On the other hand, us discerning music listeners all know that Colin James'
cover of Van the Man's "Into the Mystic" is the true definitive version of that soulful track (typed
with tongue firmly planted in cheek!!).

June 6, 2018 @ 6:50 PM

Anonymous

I loved these guys on TTSS, and was so disappointed when they left. The show has suffered since, the conversation constantly revolves around how Shapiro can get rich - enough already with the bitcoin and day trading talk. And the constant Trump love, always premised with ā€œIā€™m not a Trump supporter BUT...ā€ Even when there are decent comedians on the show, Todd makes it about himself. Sorry Todd, but your ego and narcissism have ruined a once unique, hilarious show.
Delighted to see how much success Jay and Roddy are enjoying, they constantly leave me in stitches! Thanks for the candor and honesty boys.

June 7, 2018 @ 8:31 PM

Brent

This clip from Todd's show perfectly displays what the dumb show guys were talking about when it comes to Todd...

Broken promises, people not getting paid, and no effort being put into the show...

All in under 4 mins... How is this garbage still on the air?

June 12, 2018 @ 1:51 AM

Adam M

I listen to Brody on the Last Gentlemen Podcast, which is dirty but hilarious if you're so inclined. Todd Shapiro's show tanked after he got all high and mighty, and all of the cohosts and regulars vanished. Now we know why (though I already suspected). Jay and Roddy were far and away the funniest part of the Shapiro show, so I'm happy to see them getting shots to do their own thing together and separately. Dumb Show is entertaining, and Rebel Emergency and Colmer's solo music are great. I agree about Todd though, that show is all about him. And it's too bad. He can be very funny, or could be, not sure he can be anymore, and that show is un-listenable for me now. Even on the Dean Blundell show, they had some egos and Blundell thought highly of himself no doubt, but they still did things in a funny and entertaining way. Now it's just .. Nothing on Todd's show. As a previous long time fan, it legitimately upsets me that he took the douche bag route and screwed over good friends and colleagues after all the years of getting beat up by Blundell.. and then fired. You'd think that would change the way he interacted with his own people. Ah well.

July 10, 2018 @ 12:09 PM