Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 332: Jay Onrait

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 332In this 332nd episode, Mike chats with TSN's Jay Onrait about a bunch of stuff before he kicks out the jams. This episode is exactly 2:01:26.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Jay Onrait and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Camp Tournesol.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm   paytm

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
"Youth Gone Wild" was the first official Skid Row single. "18 and Life" was second, followed in rapid
succession by "Piece of Me" and "I Remember You." Quite possibly the first mention of Dave "The
Snake" Sabo on the podcast or blog?!? Perhaps you could look into interviewing some of the local
heavy rockers of yore: Anvil, Helix, Klller Dwarfs? No shame in admitting to being a fan of hair metal.
The look and lifestyle was ridiculous but those songs sure sounded great then. And still do!!!

May 4, 2018 @ 1:47 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Kudos to Mr. Onrait for his fondness/appreciation for Springsteen's "Tunnel of Love" album.
"Brilliant Disguise" is my absolute all-time favourite song by him, which is strange considering
I was only 14 when that album came out. Not like I knew much about fidelity and relationships back
then (and still sadly don't!!).

May 4, 2018 @ 1:51 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Great episode. Wasn't familiar with the band or their track featured in the number seven position,
but definitely warrant further listening, Track 8 is the best, and totally agree with Dan and Spin
about this band's '91 album being better than "Nevermind." Too bad they never seemed to
recapture that acclaim or commercial support on this side of the pond ever again.

May 4, 2018 @ 3:13 PM

markosaar

Seeing the Breeders at the Phoenix on Sunday heh.

Also I'm one of those James fans. Born of Frustration is an anthem. Laid is okay :)

May 4, 2018 @ 6:17 PM

bsmntdwllr73

My bad. Mistakenly referred to Jay as his on-screen compatriot in my previous comment. In my
defense, he was mentioned so many times during this episode, he felt like an additional non-
speaking presence himself!!

May 5, 2018 @ 4:05 PM

Things we learned

Things we learned.

So TorontoMike on a milk crate plus Jay in a hole gives TorontoMike a 5 inch height advantage. :P

May 6, 2018 @ 9:55 AM

Chuck99

In response to the comment by Jay about the LCBO, the stores make a profit of over $1.5 billion per year for the provincial government. Nearly every premier of the past twenty years has mused about privatizing the liquor stores, but all have eventually killed the idea because of the substantial loss of revenue.

May 7, 2018 @ 5:27 PM

MrTwister

Great episode. Lebron? one of the all-time greats no doubt. His crying episode after the Cavs Xship left a bad taste in my mouth but it was the complete lack of acknowledgement to his teammates that made me dislike him. Seriously the man did not beat GSW on his own. He owed it to his team to share the spotlight or even say "thanks guys. We did it" for chrissake.

May 8, 2018 @ 4:49 PM