Margot Kidder, Dead at 69

Margot KidderMargot Kidder was 69. She was the actress best known for playing Lois Lane in “Superman” and three sequels.

margot

bsmntdwllr73

About fifteen years ago I had the occasion to meet her brother-in-law, Eric Peterson
(Street Legal, Corner Gas,) on several occasions when he was filming where I used to
work (the basement of Osgoode Hall). Always regretted not asking him about his familial
connection to the original Superman series. Saw the original film eight times in movie theatres
between late 1978 and the summer of '79. Sad that she had such a difficult time later on in life.
R.I.P.

May 14, 2018 @ 2:30 PM

Beatts

Not joking. I legit thought she had died years ago. I thought the intrawebs had screwed up when I read it....

May 14, 2018 @ 3:10 PM

Chuck99

When I learned of her death earlier today, I suddenly felt very old. It seems like yesterday that she was starring as Lois Lane in the Superman movies. But I realize how time flies. Later this year, it will be the 40th anniversary of the release of the original Superman movie.

It seems young these days for an actor to die at age 69, since more and more of them are living into their eighties and nineties.

May 14, 2018 @ 5:51 PM

Not Quite Mike

Rest in peace, Lois

May 14, 2018 @ 7:59 PM

James Edgar

I always liked her , she was a great Lois Lane. I remember hearing about her breakdown years ago and being disappointed. I had hoped to see her in other movies. RIP

May 16, 2018 @ 9:51 AM

NG Photo

Too bad. This poor woman didn't have an easy life, with her mental health challenges.
She'll always be the one true Lois Lane to me.

May 16, 2018 @ 10:34 AM