Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 326: Michael Hainsworth

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 326In this 326th episode, Mike chats with Michael Hainsworth about why he just quit his mainstream media gig at BNN after 30 years in the business. This episode is exactly 1:45:09.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Michael Hainsworth and Me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Camp Tournesol.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm   paytm

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Rick C in Oakville

Good luck to Michael. I listened to him and Alan Cross discussing this on Geeks and Beats.
Sometimes wish I had the cajones to push reset and strike out in a different direction.

April 16, 2018 @ 6:27 PM

@markosaar

Ha!

I often bike by the city trucks that are emptying garbage cans and such, but never a civilian. Crazy!

April 16, 2018 @ 7:27 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Great picks and hilarious stories. Kudos to Mr. Hainsworth for having the testicular fortitude to
publicly proclaim that his number four selection was a better (in his opinion) version of that
particular legendary track. If the original version of said track was the ultimate Spectoresque
tribute to the kitchen sink, Wall of Sound production style, well, then, the remake embodied
all the best and the worst of 1980s' musical excess!! Looking forward to whatever this fella
does next!

April 17, 2018 @ 9:20 AM

bsmntdwllr73

Mike and Michael talked about the Paradox of Choice on this episode, and it reminded me of a
great Joe Jackson song ,"It's All Too Much", from his 1991 "Laughter and Lust" album. Kinda hard to
believe that neither Ingmar Bergman nor Woody Allen ever used it as a movie title!!

April 17, 2018 @ 11:15 AM

Lou Schizas

Just finished listening to the entire podcast - the Kick out the Jams for Hainsworth was a classic - All the girls I've loved before - except my long suffering wife - I hope he has a taste for frying pan while sleeping!

April 17, 2018 @ 12:28 PM

Anon&on

Hawkeye liked his Martini dry - There should be dust on the olive. Dry, dry, dry, a drink dying of thirst. You should drink gin while staring at a picture of the man who invented vermouth. Those are the ones I recall off the top.

Fade in/fade out- I saw Rhye live, he faded out a song live (with his 5 piece band). It wasn't a sound fade out, it was a live fade through performance. (this goes back to previous episodes where you've talked about fade outs,and possibly how a fade out song can't be live).

April 17, 2018 @ 8:39 PM