Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 323: Richard Crouse

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 323In this 323rd episode, Mike chats with movie critic Richard Crouse about his years as a bartender, co-hosting Reel to Real, hosting The Richard Crouse Show on 1010, his cancer scare, his love of Elvis Costello, Pop Life on CTV and so much more. This episode is exactly 2:00:09.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Richard Crouse and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Camp Tournesol.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm   paytm

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

bsmntdwllr73

Nice to hear Richard's reminiscing about Sam the Record Man's closure. My dad worked across
the street from there when I was a child, and later on I would spend countless hours in there at a time. I certainly miss that musical mecca more than I do Honest's Ed's!!

April 10, 2018 @ 5:25 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Richard Crouse is too nice about the Star's relaunch of their daily Metro birdcage liner. Except it
wouldn't be good enough for my theoretical parakeet (if I had one) to poop on (to paraphrase
an infamous insult dog comic!!) The Toronto Sun's 24 Hours 'pamphlet' was a better if somewhat
more subliterate 'read', if not for having better graphics and more lowbrow cultural coverage. If I wanted to go on the Star's paywalled website, then I wouldn't need their crummy free rag to entice me!!

April 10, 2018 @ 6:29 PM

Urooj Islam

Even the deep dives are slowly morphing into KOTJ episodes or episodes mostly focused on music.

April 10, 2018 @ 7:10 PM

@Urooj Islam

Seriously?

This episode is 2 hours and I played a little Elvis Costello while we talked about his Elvis book and a David Bowie song because it's his favourite.

April 10, 2018 @ 7:21 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Yet another fantastic episode. A little bit of music makes an already outstanding show even
better!! Wouldn't mind it at all if Richard returns and picks a KOTJ list solely based on Costello
or Bowie tunes. After all, some KOTJ rules are meant to be broken, and I'm the self-styled King
of Rigidity!!!

April 11, 2018 @ 10:49 AM

Axel

Loved this! Best podcast in the country. You've hit your stride!

April 11, 2018 @ 11:02 AM

Barry

Really enjoyed this episode. I worked on a couple of Richard's earlier books and found him to be one of the more likeable authors I've worked with; I think that likeability comes across in the interview.

The brief "KOTJ" excursion is not only welcome, but kinda necessary. RIchard's a bit of a music freak.

I always love a Frank Vetere's reference.

April 11, 2018 @ 11:35 AM

Judy lott

Hey Miń∑e...I have been listening to your archived podcasts while at the gym and it makes the time fly by! Richard Crouse sounds like the nicest guy, he sounds extremely humble even though he is a "celebrity". I love him.It would be great if you could get him back to kick out the jams!!
Good job Mike

Ps Any chance we will hear Oakley on a podcast one day??

April 21, 2018 @ 10:20 PM