Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 318: Ken Daniels

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 318In this 318th episode, Mike chats with Ken Daniels about his years at The Fan, calling Leafs games, working for CBC Sports, working at Hockey Night in Canada, joining Mickey Redmond in the booth calling Detroit Red Wings games and his son Jamie. This episode is exactly 1:57:02.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Ken Daniels and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix, Paytm Canada and Camp Tournesol.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm   paytm

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Blind Dave

Great stories and a fun listen. Quite the reality check at the end. I am proud of Ken and his family.

March 24, 2018 @ 1:54 PM

East York Mike

That was first podcast of yours that choaked me up. Best of luck and sucess to Mr Daniels and family.

March 24, 2018 @ 2:07 PM

Axel

Heartbreaking... but for 90 minutes this is just a fantastic chat and then for 30 minutes it's both heartbreaking and perhaps the best content you've ever produced.

Well done.

March 24, 2018 @ 2:14 PM

Irish Dave

Great podcast. Thank-you.

March 24, 2018 @ 3:06 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Just started belatedly listening to this one (had to steel myself for this one as I understand that
the last 30 minutes or so might resonate a little strongly with my back story). As for the song
that sampled Hall and Oates "Rich Girl", it was Down With Webster's "Rich Girls" in 2009. P.S.,
loving the love being sent H and O's way in this episode so far! P.P.S., your newest sponsor has
made a Nana Mouskouri convert out of me! Can't stop humming that tune!! I took French at
school between grade 3 and OAC, but 25 plus years later I can comprehend far more than I
can converse. Would have loved to attended a camp like that back in the day!

March 27, 2018 @ 9:36 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Dave Hodge's Pen/Pencil Flip is the new Toronto Mike recurring motif a la Ann Rohmer's
multiple retirement parties! But as Highlander infamously taught us, 'There Can Be Only One!" So please choose wisely, My Good Sir!!!

March 27, 2018 @ 10:25 AM

@bsmntdwllr73

Can I make it K. Pompey's Summertime Summertime?

March 27, 2018 @ 10:30 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Oh yeah, you recently brought up that gem again in one of the recent episodes!! That's
a catchy tune and I hope you get your wish of having Pompey Jr. walk up to bat to his
daddy's stone cold Electric Circus jam!!

March 27, 2018 @ 10:33 AM

@bsmntdwllr73

The big five

1. Dave Hodge's pencil flip
2. Ann Rohmer's retirements
3. K. Pompey's Summertime Summertime
4. Uncle Bobby's shaggin' wagon
5. ???

March 27, 2018 @ 10:38 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
I have to admit that Uncle Bobby is my personal favourite, as I have written previously about
how he told me and some of my classmates to "FUCK OFF!!!" when we verbally accosted him the
day he showed up at our elementary school as a bus driver in the early 1980s!!

March 27, 2018 @ 10:41 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
The last twenty minutes were very powerful, poignant and heartbreaking. I know what I personally
went through with my father, but he was not in prime when his addiction issues reared their ugly
head, but a middle-aged 'family' man. Now I have a little more of an understanding of what these
poor parents are going through. Much more has to be done in education, rehabilitation and the
eradication of this terrible societal scourge. And this concept of patient brokering/predatory
rehabs honestly makes me want to inflect grievous bodily harm on all the offending parties.

March 27, 2018 @ 11:37 AM

bsmntdwllr73

My previous comment should have read as 'inflict' rather than 'inflect'. Always seem to forget
to do a last minute check for errors before I post these things. SORRY...again!!

March 27, 2018 @ 1:14 PM