Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 309: Steve Anthony Kicks Out the Jams!

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 309In this 309th episode, Mike and Steve Anthony catch up before they play and discuss his ten favourite songs. This episode is exactly 1:24:30.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Steve Anthony and Me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix and Paytm Canada.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Hamish Grant

First. Nice to see Steve is still kicking around even if I couldn't stand him on MuchMusic back in the day.

February 27, 2018 @ 4:03 PM

@Hamish Grant

No joke, he tells you to fuck off during this episode. :)

February 27, 2018 @ 4:07 PM

John M.

Great episode.

I always end up liking your guests more after hearing you interview them, and I never disliked Steve Anthony.

He's been around but he's matured and seems like a really nice guy.

February 27, 2018 @ 5:06 PM

I've only met Steve twice, his two visits to my home, but both times he seemed genuinely kind and honest. Both times it felt more like a visit from a good friend.

February 27, 2018 @ 5:14 PM

I find it cool that Hamish Grant follows and Toronto Mike'd. He was a stellar editor/contributor to before that bottomed out.

February 27, 2018 @ 7:38 PM

I had no idea!

I asked Steve a question on behalf of Hamish this episode.

(Googles 'hamish grant' + torontist and catches up at

February 27, 2018 @ 7:52 PM

@Toronto Mike,

I happened to look at that too, but it seems like something is wrong/incomplete. Iirc he was an editor and contributor for years.

February 27, 2018 @ 8:38 PM

Correction: THE editor.

February 27, 2018 @ 8:39 PM

Hamish Grant

Lol I will listen to the episode in full later today! That's awesome. Thanks for thinking of me, Mike!

I wasn't THE editor at Torontoist but I contributed photos and stories over the years - also to blogTO. You can also find me all over the web by searching "bigdaddyhame".

February 28, 2018 @ 10:19 AM

Hearing Steve Anthony mutter "d*****bag" under his breathe, in a French accent, made listening to the whole episode worthwhile.

February 28, 2018 @ 11:47 AM

I was really surprised by Steve Anthonys' picks. When somebody kicks out the jams, you really get and insight into who they are, as a person. I might have missed it but have you personally kicked out the jams yet Mike?

February 28, 2018 @ 1:09 PM

Not yet!

There's a mild backlash that it's been too KOTJ-heavy lately, so I'm waiting a bit longer before I kick out my jams.

February 28, 2018 @ 1:19 PM

Hamish Grant

Ok I listened to it! Steve you're awesome for even answering the question and Mike thanks for asking it.

And I like Steve's picks too.

February 28, 2018 @ 1:26 PM

Great episode. Glad to know that he is still walking a sober straight line, although with that
amount of Coke Zero consumed in such a short time period, can't believe he held out as long as
he did before hitting the loo!!! I guess the dude now gets high on life, just like good old Begbie!!

Thanks for asking about the Mitsou sleepover. Very understandable why he refrained from going into
more detail, even if the shallow, vicarious part of me totally wanted more info!! Fave tracks would
definitely be the first two, especially that most magical if totally dark horse premiere pick.

February 28, 2018 @ 2:41 PM

Really he doesn't know why Ann Romer was thinks they were told to not say anything....also the number 1 morning show in Toronto...guess it couldn't have anything to do with every doctor,dentist,vet and waiting rooms have that channel on most with sound turned off.

March 1, 2018 @ 1:12 AM

Don't listen to the haters Mike....kotj is awesome!!!!

March 1, 2018 @ 11:22 AM

I obviously also totally concur with Tim. Sadly any potential blessings heading my way from
you or anyone else are absolutely pointless: Some folks are just born damned, and I'm simply one
of the many doing my worst to live up to that billing!!! But if it helps any way, I do consider KOTJ
to be the aural equivalent of Holy Water. Kindly forgive me if I'm being sacrilegious, but after all,
I'm Jewish!!!

March 1, 2018 @ 4:04 PM

Ima Fakeologist

Another great episode Mike. I wish Steve's audio levels were better cuz he fades in and out as he moves away from the mic. You'd think he'd know better. I couldn't tell who the artist was in the middle of his list that sang that I'm sorry song. Shazam couldn't figure it out either. Maybe you could list the songs here.

March 3, 2018 @ 8:34 AM

I have good news for you. We list all songs including Spotify and Apple playlists here:

But, we wait a week to avoid spoilers, so I can tell you I'm Sorry is by Feist.

March 3, 2018 @ 8:47 AM

Come on Mike, I like you but you don't know how to pronounce Znaimer? One of the biggest names in Toronto media history?

March 4, 2018 @ 7:20 PM

When you guys talked about the Radiohead song, and Steve talked about its role in the movie Vanilla Sky and the scene where Tom Cruise is running around an empty New York Time Square: I think I remember hearing (pre-google days) that they did it very early on a Sunday morning when Time Square is essentially empty, and just asked people to move out of the way. I think they couldn't get a permit to empty it because it is such a huge tourist attraction, so they had to work around that, and found the emptiest time to do it

March 8, 2018 @ 3:44 PM