Did You Get Your TMI This Morning?

This morning I launched TMI, a weekday morning podcast that promises to be 3-4 minutes in length and deliver five things you should know. Episodes should drop at approximately 8am but they're only available to subscribers.

Subscribing is free and easy. Simply visit TorontoMike.com/tmi/ to subscribe in the podcatcher of your choice. If you wish to help crowdfund the project, that's still happening at Patreon.com/torontomike.

tmi

Thanks for subscribing and listening!

bsmntdwllr73

Already posted on my thoughts on this elsewhere, but I quite enjoyed this new feature!!

February 14, 2018 @ 3:55 PM

Beatts

I am a subscriber

February 14, 2018 @ 4:15 PM

chuck99

I enjoyed today's TMI. It is sad to see how the once-mighty Toronto Star has fallen. An extremely challenging advertising market combined with strategic errors, such as not making Star Touch compatible with smart phones, has pushed the newspaper to the brink.

However, its nice to see some retro 80s bands receiving some love on your podcasts. The song you played by The Cure, in my opinion, is a classic. I also enjoyed your discussion with Colleen Rusholme about New Order on your KOTJ podcast last week.

February 14, 2018 @ 8:39 PM

Blind Dave

Very good first show. I like it. Short and to the point.

February 14, 2018 @ 9:10 PM

Brian Gerstein (Raptors Devotee)

That sounded like Vince McMahon, not Mark Hebscher. Good quick listen!

February 14, 2018 @ 9:56 PM

andrew

Good to hear comments about everything other than Cheryl's 1st posting every morning.
Look forward to future TMI's.

February 14, 2018 @ 11:12 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
When I made that suggestion to you about possibly using PJ's "Glorified G" as the theme music
for TMI, little did I know just how quickly that song would be relevant again so early in this new
spot's run. Hate being Nostradamus Jr. on that point, but sadly this will be far from the last time this
song's lyrics will strongly resonate.

February 15, 2018 @ 9:48 AM

@bsmntdwllr73

Every time there's a mass shooting down there I hear that song in my head.

February 15, 2018 @ 9:52 AM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
For future mass-shooting musical reference,(no, not trying to be funny here), some other possible
suggestions:
"Guns, Guns, Guns"-Guess Who
"Love Is A Good Thing"- Sheryl Crow
"Lawyers, Guns and Money"-Warren Zevon
"Bullet In The Head"-Rage Against The Machine
"Pumped Up Kicks"-Foster The People
"21 Guns"-Green Day
"16 Shells From A Thirty-Ought Six"-Tom Waits
"Zombie"-Cranberries
"Bullet The Blue Sky"-U2
"God Is A Bullet"-Concrete Bullet (Personal Fave!)
and then there are at least a half dozen AC/DC songs on the subject.

February 15, 2018 @ 10:00 AM

bsmntdwllr73

Should have noted that the above songs refer more to the topic of gun violence in general rather
than mass shootings. Sorry.

February 15, 2018 @ 10:02 AM

markosaar

Foster the People's Pumped Up Kicks is specifically about a school shooting fwiw

February 15, 2018 @ 11:37 AM

Urooj Islam

Good start.

I hope you stick to the 3-4 minute length as a hard and fast rule because there's no fat on these episodes you get right to the point of the Top 5 stories.

February 15, 2018 @ 5:28 PM

I aim for 3.5 minutes or less. :)

February 15, 2018 @ 5:55 PM

Marlon

Mike,
This is a great idea. The short length will definitely allow for a daily listen.

Thanks!

February 15, 2018 @ 8:19 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
3 for 3 so far with the great musical bumpers!! Reminded me of the SNL anniversary show where
the Beastie Boys backed up Elvis C. on this great track!! The lyrics have more resonance today than
40 years ago for sure! Keep up the great work!!

February 16, 2018 @ 9:47 AM