Call to Bob McCown on Prime Time Sports About Toronto Mike'd

Congrats, you're now also radio famous!! I would suggest that all Toronto Mike fans flood
McCown's show with similar calls a la the infamous (Stern fans) Bababooey calls of decades past, but
this would probably have the opposite intended effect!! He should have simply gone on your
show to begin with and avoided those other nameless pretenders outright!!

February 20, 2018 @ 9:41 AM

Jason from Sudbury

Who was it that called? Do we know? And yeah I think flooding the show with calls would just piss him off.

February 20, 2018 @ 9:45 AM

@Jason from Sudbury

Brian from Thornhill's voice sounds awfully familiar to me...

February 20, 2018 @ 9:49 AM

the brother

Awesome. TM nation

February 20, 2018 @ 11:04 AM

I think it was a good call, Bob answered the question about how one would expect him to.

I would highly recommend that TM nation not start flooding the show with calls...Bob doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would react well to that.

But hey...still nice to hear a plug for our favorite guy on a nationally syndicated radio show!!!

February 20, 2018 @ 11:33 AM

I usually listen to Bob in podcast form the next morning.
When I heard this I laughed and smiled. It was cool to hear and I think Bob responded politely and professionally. I really do hope one day he does TM as I think the "once a year" interviews he does are interesting but also are handled with kid gloves. I don't think Mike would grill him but I do think he'd dive into some parts of Bob's career we haven't heard as much about.

I'll echo the comments of other posters here; it was cool, it's done now, don't flood him. That would upset him.

February 21, 2018 @ 12:54 PM

My original comment was a joke, and not meant to inspire anyone to flood McCown's show
with nuisance calls!!!

February 21, 2018 @ 12:56 PM

This reminds me of when Dr. Johnny Fever told his listeners to bring their garbage to city hall and they did. He realized his power, and it freaked him out!

February 21, 2018 @ 12:59 PM

I only wish I had that kind of power!! Sadly, I'm rather a lot more like that perpetual
sad-sack Les Nessman!!