Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 303: Diana Swain

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 303In this 303rd episode, Mike chats with CBC News' Senior Investigative journalist Diana Swain about competing for Miss Canada, co-anchoring with her estranged father in Winnipeg, filling in for Peter Mansbridge on The National and her new show, The Investigators with Diana Swain. This episode is exactly 1:47:36.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Diana Swain and Me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix and Paytm Canada.

Great Lakes Beer

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

I remember Diana from her days at CKND in Winnipeg.

Love your "exploding pizza" CBC logo shirt

January 23, 2018 @ 8:00 PM

Urooj Islam

What a shirt.

It's getting to the point where I want you to only book CBC guests just so you can wear it all the time.

January 23, 2018 @ 9:00 PM

Love the shirt! As an accessory, all you need is one of those salmon-coloured jackets that Don Whitman and company used to wear on CBC sports back in the 1970s and 80s. :))

January 24, 2018 @ 6:38 AM

Great episode! Not to mention that she is very attractive as well!!

January 24, 2018 @ 1:07 PM

Listening now.

"Dirty Diana" was cringe worthy.... lol

January 24, 2018 @ 1:12 PM

I checked your pic with Dwight Drummond. He's taller than you ;)

January 24, 2018 @ 1:14 PM

You can't tell from this angle!

January 24, 2018 @ 1:24 PM

At least Steve Stevens' guitar work on "Dirty Diana" is worth a listen!, If Wacko Jacko was still alive
and recording, hard to imagine where he'd find a current guitar hero to liven up his tracks!! Oh yeah, he wouldn't, as rock is long dead and us old fogies need to accept it and learn to embrace the likes
of Camila Cabello and Post Malone (NEVER, I HUMBLY DO SWEAR!!!)

January 24, 2018 @ 1:29 PM

I passionately defend my use of the great MJ jam Dirty Diana.

January 24, 2018 @ 1:58 PM

Imagining Diana Swain driving on the Gardiner Expressway with "Are You Gonna Go My Way" cranked and head banging or aggressively head bobbing -- hilarious mental image.

January 24, 2018 @ 1:58 PM

I loved rockin' Mikey J back in the day: "State of Shock", "Give In To Me", etc.!! Wish that
he had indulged his inner rock bad ass a little more often (musically, that is, LOL!!!).

January 24, 2018 @ 2:10 PM

I look at the shoulders... Dwight's taller ;)

Still listening to this and it's great as usual. She's opening up and is a pleasure to listen to.

January 24, 2018 @ 2:26 PM

Ok, but even if he's got an inch on me, would you classify him as "tall"?

January 24, 2018 @ 2:32 PM

I consider everything under my height (6'3") short...

January 24, 2018 @ 2:57 PM

Just got to my surprise shoutout :)

Love the Swain even more :)

January 24, 2018 @ 3:12 PM

Don Cherry wants his shirt back.

January 25, 2018 @ 6:27 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Nicely done Mike, showing a side of a CBC personality that I have watched on the National etc. For over 20 years, you never would have expected.
I would never have suspected Diana would rock out to Lenny Kravitz, one of my favorite when I am solo in the car to crank up!

January 27, 2018 @ 7:01 PM

Great podcast! However, I don't think Dave Hodge has any orange coloured blazers in his closet because Hockey Night in Canada hosts wore pale blue jackets in the pre-pen flip era. I also remember Howard Cowell and company wearing yellow blazers on Monday Night Football.

Colour television was still a bit of a novelty back in the 1970s. Many families had just purchased their first colour set, so I think it was an attempt by the networks to impress the viewers with a more vivid array of colours

January 29, 2018 @ 5:44 PM