Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 297: iLLvibe Kicks Out the Jams!

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 297In this 297th episode, Mike and iLLvibe discuss his creation of the Toronto Mike'd theme song, our mutual buddy Mike Kic, appearing on Canada's Smartest Person and his new music before they play and discuss his ten favourite songs. This episode is exactly 1:43:26.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

ILLvibe and me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix and Paytm Canada.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
I just started listening, but I solemnly pledge as my one and only New Year's Resolution, to pick up
any resulting slack should Cheryl ever suddenly disappear from the Open Mike sections!!! I so do sleep more soundly knowing that I have a welcoming forum to deposit my opinions/thoughts in. Thanks!!!

December 29, 2017 @ 6:00 PM

@bsmntdwllr73

You got it.

December 29, 2017 @ 6:18 PM

bsmntdwllr73

These original tracks by iLLvibe are great!! Nice use of live instrumentation alongside the sung vocals.

December 29, 2017 @ 6:27 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Yet another great KOTJ episode after a short, well-earned break! Plus, I'm sure that the people
who question all of the reoccurring "Old Man Dad Rock" on KOTJ will be happy to learn that a lot of
great hip hop and urban jams were featured on this show!! Love the Calvin Harris track (the whole
album is great!). As for good Van Morrison singles from the '80s & '90s: "Real Real Gone", "Have I Told
You Lately", "Why Must I Always Explain?", "I'm Not Feeling It Anymore", and "Days Like This" come
immediately to mind. Lastly, good use of the Isley Brother's "That Lady" on that Kendrick Lamar
track! P.S., the last track alone seals this dude as one of the top KOTJ pickers!!!

December 29, 2017 @ 7:26 PM

@bsmntdwlr73

Sometimes I lose my brain during these live recordings. Have I Told You Lately was absolutely everywhere in the 80s.

December 29, 2017 @ 8:03 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike
Just as long as we all collectively agree to forget that Rod Stewart ever issued his near-insipid
cover version of this gem of a song back in the day, okay?!?

December 30, 2017 @ 9:25 AM

markosaar

Possibly the best so far. Love the variety, and something for everyone.

January 1, 2018 @ 6:39 PM

Beatts

Finally getting around to this episode and it's great.

Although I don't necessarily look the part, but I dig iLLvibe's music.

Also, Brian Gerstein is the whitest guy iLLvibe knows without a doubt :)

January 9, 2018 @ 9:33 AM