Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 294: 12:36

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 294In this 294th episode, Mike chats with Marc Weisblott of 12:36 about the current state of the media in Canada. This episode is exactly 2:05:47.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

12:36

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix and Paytm Canada.

Great Lakes Beer propertyinthesix.com

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Jay

Always good when 12:36 visits the rogue Bi-Way.

The Frank D'Angelo connection to the Sherman deaths is very interesting. That story is full of intrigue.

December 19, 2017 @ 6:50 PM

Urooj Islam

Manfred Mann's cover version of "Blinded By the Light" is better!

December 19, 2017 @ 7:03 PM

@Urooj Islam

For sure.

December 19, 2017 @ 7:06 PM

Urooj Islam

When your older kids go to college, 12:36 should move in so you guys can record episodes every week.

December 19, 2017 @ 11:52 PM

Justin

These episodes are always great. Marc has his finger on the goings-on in Toronto media cultural sphere like no one else does.

December 19, 2017 @ 11:56 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Good to hear that 12:36's local purview now includes both current and throwback strip club
coverage!! Hopefully this will continue in future appearances. Also, surprised no mention was
made of the fact that Dwayne Gretzky now appears to be the official house band of Q107. Saw
them as an opening act at the CNE Bandshell several years ago and thought that they did a pretty
good job. However, totally not feeling their version of "Blinded By the Light." That song totally
belongs to Manfred Mann's Earth Band!! Granted, Dwayne G.'s take has more energy to it than
Springsteen's original track from 1973.

December 20, 2017 @ 9:54 AM

James Hamilton

Very enjoyable. I hope to hear more about the state of print media in other episodes

December 20, 2017 @ 6:12 PM

markosaar

Thanks for the question! I feel like I need to relisten to the entire episode to properly respond to the stuff that came up hah. I understand it's extra work/effort but it wasn't a big deal it would be great if the show notes included the broad points on your list of topics that you covered.

For what it's worth my handle is a portmanteau of my full name. My wife coined it when we were first dating and, and I guess it was like "marka-saar".

December 21, 2017 @ 10:50 AM

@markosaar

I actually started doing just that for twitter, so I can easily add it here.

Barry Sherman