Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 292: Meredith Shaw

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 292In this 292nd episode, Mike chats with Meredith Shaw about her career in music, on radio on CHUM FM and modelling. Then, Christmas songs are played with passion! This episode is exactly 1:42:49.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Meredith Shaw and Me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery, Property in the 6ix and Paytm Canada.

glb   propertyinthesix   paytm

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

bsmntdwllr73

What a great voice! Was only vaguely familiar with her music career but her songs sound great!!
Her modesty about her looks is also very refreshing. No need to even joke about not being a Pamela
Anderson clone, as the former eye candy from Baywatch is a textbook case against plastic surgery
overkill!! Absolutely nothing wrong with having curves. Will totally track down her album for sure!

December 15, 2017 @ 10:37 AM

the brother

What a lovely person and a fun interview. Listened to the entire show without skipping a second of it. When Roger is ready to call it quits at chumfm (read: Bell pushes him out) do you think Marilyn will retire too? Likely they will transition Mad Dog with her as they have been....but what about "Mad Dog and Meredith in the Morning"

December 15, 2017 @ 11:53 AM

Jay

Thank you for bringing up Ingrid Schumacher's dismissal. She's very much missed.

December 15, 2017 @ 1:03 PM

Urooj Islam

She looks like a young Madonna.

December 15, 2017 @ 1:30 PM

Lucas

Great chat with Meredith, Mike! In terms of Roger and Marilyn, I think once Roger does retire, Marilyn will leave with him. The duo have been together for so long, that I can't see her starting over, even with its with Maddog. What I think would be really interesting is if Meredith takes the morning show with Ashley Greco, her partner in crime on CHUM FM! The two have amazing chemistry together, and it would be so cool to have an all female morning show, as I don't think that has ever been done on Toronto radio!

Now for Ingrid, thank you for mentioning her. It's still very hard for me not being able to hear that spectacular voice on the airwaves, and I share many of the same sentiments as you in terms of how her dismissal was handled. I do still keep in touch with her on Instagram since we both follow each other, and the latest info I can tell you is that she's living the country life now in Colborne where The Big Apple is! I don't think she's going to come back on the airwaves anytime soon, but she's happy now which is all that matters :)

Next up for CHUM FM you should have Ashley Greco or Taylor Kaye on. They're both amazing!

Keep up the good work Mike!

December 16, 2017 @ 10:52 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Lucas has some great insight in his comments. Given the ease of broadcasting from ones home today (just look at your podcasts!) Ingrid should come be back on the air fairly easily.
Do you think the consultants at CHUM would approve of an all female morning show? Pretty bold. Marilyn may have been able to carry on with Daren B Lamb, but I don't think any new side kick would fit in well now if Roger retires.

December 17, 2017 @ 6:47 PM

Lucas

Thanks Rick! You know, maybe in time Ingrid might do something like a podcast, but I think for now she's just enjoying her new lifestyle. I mean, she was in radio for 40 years, so I really don't blame her for wanting to step away from it all. Even after she left CHUM FM I'm sure she probably got offers from other stations to come back on air, but didn't take them. This is just my assumption though. I can't speak for her. More of an incentive for her to come back on Toronto Mike'd though!

In terms of the morning show, probably not, because Bell Media always tends to play it safe with CHUM FMs programming especially in recent years, but I mean, have you seen their ratings lately? They haven't been doing as well as they've done in the past, so this could be a way to really create alot of buzz around the station again and get those ratings up! It would have to be post Roger and Marilyn though, we still need them for as long as possible, and I love them too! Plus it would be so smart to have an all female morning show because the target demographic that CHUM FM caters to is mainly females, and ALSO.... CHUM FM has a new program director who is a female, AND she got Ashley and Meredith to do a live broadcast from the Jingle Ball last weekend. Just saying! It's not too far fetched!

December 18, 2017 @ 7:08 PM