Argos: 2017 Grey Cup Champions

ray

Urooj Islam

That was a fantastic game, the fumble return to tie the game was nuts!

Happy for the true Argos fans out there and happy that the rest of Canada is probably very bitter right now.

November 26, 2017 @ 10:13 PM

twins from bolton

I turned off the game after 3rd qtr. as thought game was over. My 1 son who lives in Ottawa went to the game & called me a 1/2 time saying Shania is terrible, the weather is worse & the Argos are even worse even though born in Toronto & he wanted Stamps to win. He says Mitchell (Calg. QB) is a spitiin' image of Josh Donaldson & I agree.
Missed 4th Qtr. but just saw hilites. Calgary is like the Bills in the 80's - 4 straight Super Bowls & all losses.
Next up is TFC.

November 26, 2017 @ 10:19 PM

chris

Not really a CFL fan but this game was entertaining. How come there was no big time HYPE in TO, no pre game festivities or even a venue for many to watch together as a city much like Leaf, Raptor & TFC playoff games. Nowhere to be found anywhere. John Tory must be ashamed not even having a city get together at city hall to watch the game.
Goes to show that CFL football in Toronto is virtually non existent. Too Bad, So Sad.

November 26, 2017 @ 10:52 PM

WCI

The real problem is Toronto won. It's not that the Argo's won. Good for them. It's that the fan base is so small and doesn't give a shit. Stamps, Eskimos, Riders...all have real fans who would show up in a fucking blizzard to watch the game.

November 26, 2017 @ 11:49 PM

@WCI

There are Argonaut fans in Toronto. 25,000 showed up on a cold and windy day just last weekend.

The challenge is getting 25,000 to show up in August.

November 27, 2017 @ 8:13 AM

Al The Royal Pain

I almost turned the game off in the 4th quarter. Calgary just looked to be in control. They seemed to be able to score whenever they needed to score...but...this being the CFL, something told me I should probably keep watching. At the end of the quarter—even after Toronto took the lead with the field goal—I had a feeling Calgary was not going to be stopped...when that interception happened, I jumped out of my seat again. I've only jumped out of my seat for two sporting moments this year and both were watching an Argo game.

I'm by no means an avid CFL fan...My favourite sports/teams are Raptors, Leafs and Jays...and then Argos, TFC, but so far the Argos own two of my favourite sporting moments of the year.

I attended the last Grey Cup Parade in 2012. I won't be able to make it to this one...I miss working downtown.

November 27, 2017 @ 9:30 AM

@Al The Royal Pain

I'm like you... not a big football fan in general, but those two moments were crazy fun.

I have jumped up for a few Leafs wins, most recently that Nylander goal with two seconds left in OT, and I jumped like crazy when Pearce hit the walk-off grand slam because my son just witnessed the third Jays walk-off grand slam of his young life, but those Argos moments were awesome.

Now I want a TFC win on Wednesday night, and an MLS Cup...

November 27, 2017 @ 9:35 AM

The Voice of Reason

@Irv

The league won. That was a great game. Don't be fooled by "The Rider Fans", they may have the tickets purchased, but during inclement weather, they are happy to stay home and leave the seats empty.

November 27, 2017 @ 9:54 AM

Al The Royal Pain

@TM

They were two of my favourite moments, not necessarily the top two. You'r right, there have been some Leaf OT winners this season that were a lot of fun, the Nylander one is definitely one of them. There was a Matthews OT as well. The Leafs last spring in the playoffs had some moments. But if I had a top 5, the two Argos plays would be in there.

November 27, 2017 @ 10:50 AM

Al The Royal Pain

@Reason

It was a great game...sadly...history suggests that it won't move the needle for next year's Argos' ticket sales.

November 27, 2017 @ 10:51 AM

Dr. Seymour Light

Not a football fan and did not see the game, but congratulations to the Argos for winning a championship!
Did see a recording of the Half Time Show....Wow, what happened to Shania, she was brutal and looked like she had more plastic than a truck load of Tupperware..

November 27, 2017 @ 6:31 PM

H.o.E.

They won a trophy for "Amateur Rugby"?
According to the inscription on the Grey Cup, it's supposed to be for "the Amateur Rugby Football Championship of Canada".
The trophy is older than the league. The CFL was formed in 1958, and the other last vestige of the word rugby disappeared in 1960 when the IRFU (eastern part of the CFL) was renamed Eastern Football Conference, while the last amateur teams had already officially withdrawn from competing for the Grey Cup in 1954.

November 28, 2017 @ 10:01 AM