Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 264: Lowest of the Low Kick Out the Jams!

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 264In this 264th episode, Mike and Lowest of the Low play and discuss their ten favourite songs. Lowest of the Low also perform live and we hear an unreleased re-recorded version of Rosy and Grey. This episode is exactly 1:27:36.

Become a Patron

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Lowest of the Low and Me

Toronto Mike'd is proudly brought to you by Great Lakes Brewery and Property in the 6ix

Great Lakes Beer propertyinthesix.com

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

bsmntdwllr73

@Mike,
First off, you were close with the last name of the dude from Len, but
it is Costanzo and not Costanza!! Anyway, yet another thrilling KOTJ episode,
even if some of the picks were form the Debbie Downer depressing file!!
However, can't go wrong with the ace tracks from REM and Costello, both
selections coming from each acts' best album, in my well-informed opinion!!!
Great to hear the live music as well! Perhaps you could take over from the late,
lamented Brave New Waves and start the Toronto Mike sessions? Maybe even
get that piano creature from Splash 'N Boot in on the action?!?

September 7, 2017 @ 6:16 PM

bsmntdwllr73

Obviously that should have read Splash 'N Boots, wouldn't want to offend
anybody!!!

September 7, 2017 @ 6:17 PM

Here's a clip of the guys playing in my basement.

September 7, 2017 @ 9:30 PM

Rick C in Oakville

How cool is that Mike with a live jam in your basement! Great sound quality always on your KOTJams

September 7, 2017 @ 9:56 PM

James Edgar

Awesome. That's the first one I've had time to listen to since i left for vacation in July , it was worth the wait . I can't wait to catch up on the rest in the near future.

September 8, 2017 @ 9:46 AM

@Rick C in Oakville

A dream come true.

September 8, 2017 @ 4:29 PM

Al The Royal Pain

Great episode! BTW, one of my best friends that I've known since kindergarten has the last name Costanza. Great drummer too!

September 11, 2017 @ 11:04 AM

MrTwister

sweet surprise for a monday morning. favourite KOTJ by far - smart, funny and authentic. enjoyed the banter between Ron and Lawrence most of all though the music was fine too. Getting turned on to new artists definitely a bonus. Thanks for making it happen Mike! (with all due respect no more rompin ronnie references pls - Ron Hawkins stands alone)

September 11, 2017 @ 12:04 PM

@MrTwister

Agreed!

But Ron did bring up Bob Dylan going electric. How could I resist?

September 11, 2017 @ 12:10 PM

Al The Royal Pain

BTW, I really enjoyed the tune they played in your basement. Great exclusive!

September 12, 2017 @ 8:23 AM

Andrew

Hey Mike,
Great episode... loved the jams and loved the live stuff. The system handled the guitar and harmonica well and the vocals sounded lovely.

Thanks for the shout outs! I think the last time I met Ron was at a show in 93 at Ryerson that I was hosting. It was in the main cafeteria with about 1500 students and we were hanging out backstage. I had a fever of about 103 and as soon as the show started, I bailed and went back to my room as I think I was hallucinating!!

Anyway, really enjoyed this one... and no, my house is not a compound :)

Cheers!