Monty Hall, Dead at 96

Monty HallMonty Hall was 96. He was the game show host best known for co-creating hosting Let's Make a Deal.

Marie

Sad, Thanks for the clip Mike. I've been watching the new LMAD since I've retired. Wayne Brady is great but Monty was the best. RIP Monty.

September 30, 2017 @ 6:47 PM

bsmtndwllr73

Always dreamed of going on the original Let's Make a Deal to see if I could
possibly make an exchange of say, my soul, for a crack at a better life!!! Sadly,
was too young to be a contestant and it probably wouldn't have been worth
the price of an expired box of Rice-A-Roni!! LMAD and Jim "Definition" Perry on
Sale of the Century were my go-to game shows as a wee lad in the short-pants!

October 2, 2017 @ 9:47 AM

Alan

Did he pass through door #1, 2 or 3?

October 2, 2017 @ 8:41 PM

Stephen in Niagara

Best Monty Hall / Let's Make a Deal reference I ever heard was from an employee of Club Fed's, Revenue Canada.

I received a garnishee from RevCan, one of my supplier's was in trouble, I was a receivable and as such, a source of recovery for the Crown.

My response was I'm not paying anything to anyone until I get my supplies.

The ClubFed guy was a nasty piece of shit, I remember he said, "I'm not Monty Hall and this isn't Let's Make a Deal. You will forward your payment to the Crown, forthwith, not your supplier". I thought that was funny, I couldn't stop laughing.

October 2, 2017 @ 9:48 PM

MaryLou

@bsmtndwllr73, loosen up on LMAD, its all fun and nobody lost an eye

October 3, 2017 @ 6:46 PM

bsmntdwllr73

@MaryLou
Wasn't taking the p. with regards to LMAD. Just reminiscing about a difficult childhood from
which I had many fantasies about purchasing a new life from game shows such as that one.
Didn't mean to offend anyone!!

October 3, 2017 @ 7:02 PM

bsmntdwllr73

All of my musings about wanting to barter/purchase or trade for some kind of a better
life reminded me of that Everclear song form the late '90s "I Will Buy You A New Life". Nice
sentiment, now if only I could afford to make it happen!!

October 4, 2017 @ 9:09 AM

Don

Monty was yet another Winnipeg personality that moved eastward - a good account of his career is here.

October 8, 2017 @ 4:59 PM