Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 249: Michael Hainsworth and Alan Cross

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 249In this 249th episode, Mike chats with Michael Hainsworth and Alan Cross about the return of Geeks and Beats, Michael's career in radio and television, and what's new with Alan since episode 66. This episode is exactly 1:41:51.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Michael Hainsworth, Alan Cross and Me

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Rick C in Oakville

Looking forward to this , and the return of Geeks and Beats, but will listen to Toronto Mike'd first of course

July 5, 2017 @ 10:21 PM

Rob J

Sounds interesting! (It's 2nd in the queue after Talkin Simpsons)

July 5, 2017 @ 10:39 PM

Although this isn't a Kick Out the Jams episode, I did have Alan and Michael bring their favourite song of all time. And I enjoy my first martini, ever. Quite the night!

July 5, 2017 @ 10:41 PM

Rob J

Haha! I've had a beer with M.Y. and wine with McCown at Stoney Ridge...if I ever have scotch with Vin Scully, my booze bucket-list will be totally crossed out.

July 5, 2017 @ 11:39 PM

Urooj Islam

Hi Mike,

What are the most downloaded episodes of your podcast? Say Top 3 or 5?

July 5, 2017 @ 11:40 PM

Jason from Sudbury

Looking forward to this one!

July 6, 2017 @ 12:14 AM

bsmntdwllr73

Kudos on another entertaining and informative episode. These two guys have
great chemistry not only with each other but with you as well.

July 6, 2017 @ 10:48 AM

mrmojorisinca

Very nice!

July 6, 2017 @ 11:22 AM

@Urooj Islam

I won't be specific, but I will tell you that Ingrid Schumacher's episode was very popular.

As were Maddog's and Erin Davis's.... oh, and Elliotte Friedman's.

And the first appearance by Mike Richards.

And more recently, Barry Davis's episode... and a man we call Strombo.

July 6, 2017 @ 11:34 AM

m m

Try going after Laurie Brown. She is leaving her CBC show. Hopefully she will have time for a one hour chat?

July 6, 2017 @ 12:35 PM

Urooj Islam

@ Toronto Mike

Thanks for the response.

Not names I was expecting other than Strombo, very interesting to know.

July 6, 2017 @ 12:59 PM

mrmojorisinca

Strombo and Alan are great! Love to hear people I have listened to and grew up with chat with you.

July 6, 2017 @ 1:24 PM

Sam in Pickering

Fantastic! They were both great, and the KOTJ teaser was the cherry on top!

July 6, 2017 @ 4:21 PM

James Edgar

Another Hit Mike.

I have admit i had a bit of a crush on Mary Ellen Beninger's voice when she was at CFNY . And i also have to admit I had (have?) a man crush On Allen Cross from all the time i spent listening to him. I don't have a lifestyle that really allows me to listen to the ongoing History when it's on the radio these days so I'm quite pumped that it's now being podcast.I have hundreds of episodes to catch up with.

I never did listen to the Beats and geeks cast. I'll definitely make an effort when they have new episodes.

Interesting song choices. And good advice about getting the kids into Ska maybe. I'll try out The Specials and The English Beat on my 12 year old not to mention No Doubt and maybe the Mighty Mighty Bosstones .

i'm not really a big Peter Gabriel fan but i liked Allen's song choice too and will do some listening ,maybe time has worked it's magic and i will discover I'm more of a fan than i thought.

July 7, 2017 @ 8:46 AM

Michael Hum

Not a complaint but the levels were all over the place for this show.

July 7, 2017 @ 9:02 AM

@Michael Hum

Was is primarily Alan?

He got stuck with the mic without swing arms and that makes it tough to stay on it.

July 7, 2017 @ 9:13 AM

Liz

Yeah, Alan's levels were all over the place - at times. I'm not a big fan of his pomposity. Michael, on the other hand, was a delight to listen to. Very well done, Mike!

July 8, 2017 @ 2:18 PM

Anon&on

Is Alan slimming down, or is it just the pic? Does Hainsworth sound different off mic, or is that his natural voice? (I'm thinking he doesn't, I'm thinking of the Seinfeld episode when the Movietone guy comes to Kramer's apt and has the same voice as the telephone service).

July 8, 2017 @ 11:02 PM