There's a New Tourism Toronto Ad (and it doesn't suck)

Heck, I dig it.

chris

Everything about this advertisement is about the CORE of Toronto. What about Toronto Island, OSC, Metro Zoo & more?
Patrons can pay mega $ & stay in downtown hotel & see the sights there.
What else can Toronto the whole city bring to tourists, much more within the 6.

March 7, 2017 @ 7:32 PM

@chris

The ad is targeting non-Canadians, telling them they should visit Toronto. Personally, I think it's great, even without the Metro Zoo.

March 7, 2017 @ 8:21 PM

Rob J

Were any 'New Toronto' hotspots included? (I'm too lazy to watch it)

March 7, 2017 @ 8:48 PM

@Rob J

The Rogue Biway makes an appearance at the 43 second mark.

March 7, 2017 @ 8:51 PM

James Edgar

That is a great AD hopefully they do a Media buy in the right places at the right times.
yes it is core centric but that ad is not really aimed at families in my view.
For the target i think they are trying to talk to The Zoo is not very relevant.

I have zero confidence that they will do the right thing in terms of getting it out there but who knows maybe they will surprise me.

March 8, 2017 @ 10:12 AM

Mel Firstman

Can this city get over the diversity crap for once? From San Diego to Boston I've seen nothing but diversity and all those cities lack the need to be patted on head about it. I can get Thai sauce on a McDonald's burger FFS.

March 8, 2017 @ 5:18 PM

Derek

Love it!

March 8, 2017 @ 6:25 PM

j

I haven't watched it, I just assumed it was cheesy? but i should give it a whirl

@Mel - There is no getting over diversity - diversity makes
Toronto great. And Thai sauce on a burger is not diverse lol.

@chris, @james - good constructive criticism. personally, i don't really like the zoo but for families yes - it is fun. as someone who lives in Scarborough - besides the Zoo, there isn't much to do really? hike the rouge but downtown has all the fun. even the Brickworks and Science Centre are closer to the core (not sure if they were included)

March 9, 2017 @ 11:46 AM