Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 217: Maureen Holloway

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 217In this 217th episode, Mike chats with CHFI morning show host Maureen Holloway about her years at 99.9, working with John Derringer at Q107 and taking over for Erin Davis on 98.1. This episode is exactly 1:06:56.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Maureen Holloway and Me

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Beatts

Looking forward to this podcast more than any other.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Auntie Mo.

February 15, 2017 @ 1:08 PM

James Edgar

Another great one Mike. i always liked Maureen.

February 15, 2017 @ 1:38 PM

Beatts

I am so damn smitten with her laugh.

My bucket list would be to drink beer and bust chops with her just to hear her laugh at my jokes.

February 15, 2017 @ 1:48 PM

Derek

Maureen is a wonderful person!

D

February 15, 2017 @ 2:23 PM

Sam in Pickering

Excellent!

February 15, 2017 @ 4:49 PM

Terry Hill

Great Chat. I enjoyed it. See Mo is just the same off the air and on.

February 15, 2017 @ 7:19 PM

LIz

Loved it - although it was way too short! You guys were just getting warmed up.

February 15, 2017 @ 9:24 PM

markosaar

Ha I appreciated her quick reference to Runs in the Family by Pursuit of Happiness.

Jealous, worked in those areas and never seen Moe ha.

February 15, 2017 @ 10:05 PM

Beatts

Listening again, I do sense a slight bit of tension when you bring up Derringers name. I know she credits him and speaks fondly but there is a moment when she's chatting about her departure from Q and the tone slightly changes. I may be reading into this more than it needs to be but I have a hunch....

February 16, 2017 @ 7:48 AM

mississauga frank

She was annoying on Mix 99.9 years ago, she was annoying when she was doing the same old schitck on multiple radio stations and she was annoying on Q107 - both with JD and in the afternoon. I am sure she is annoying on CHFI now but luckily I don't listen to that station.

I am sure she thinks that she is funny but the silly plays of words are too cheap for me.

February 17, 2017 @ 10:13 AM

Gisele

Mike, Great interview with Maureen. I have to agree with comments by Beatts. I always felt that something was up with her leaving Q. And after hearing what she said about JD, I am convinced of it. She called him an "Alpha " male a few times and there seemed to be some resentment on her part with the addition of Jennifer Valentyne. She mocked the promos that JD was doling leading up to his announcement and Mo made reference to Jennifer being JD's "dream" girl. All said with a slight edge to her voice. You would never hear JD utter such comments about Mo. He's a class act. I'm disappointed in MO's comments. So Beatts, your hunch is right...something happened there.

February 17, 2017 @ 11:21 AM

Rick C in Oakville

Love Mo, and a great interview. Radio is a tough gig, I think she may have found a good compatible landing at CHFI.
All the best Mo.