Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 211: James Mirtle and Sean Fitz-Gerald

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 211In this 211th episode, Mike chats with James Mirtle and Sean Fitz-Gerald about their new roles at The Athletic. This episode is exactly 1:09:50.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Sean Fitz-Gerald, James Mirtle and Me

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Rob J

You're a hater if you didn't talk Mathews for at least 98 percent of this episode.

January 4, 2017 @ 4:30 PM

Auston Matthews is discussed for 2% of this podcast.

January 4, 2017 @ 4:37 PM

Rob J

It's locked and loaded for a Thursday listen!

January 4, 2017 @ 5:02 PM

markosaar

RSS FOREVER! I never understood the suggestion that Twitter has replaced it. They're completely different things to me.

I actually visit torontomike.com though when I think of it rather than using it in feedly these days, because it's a bit easier to filter and keep up on comments I want to follow.

January 4, 2017 @ 6:07 PM

markosaar

...also Strava forever! I used to bug you to switch to that over Mapmyride. The latter still doesn't make it easy to sync or export your data to other services.

January 4, 2017 @ 6:08 PM

@markosaar

I remember!

I'm still happily using MayMyRide completely ignorant of how much better it could be with Strava.

But I swear by RSS. I read almost all of my content via RSS using feed.ly.

January 4, 2017 @ 6:28 PM

Brandon

Nice listen! I wasn't familiar with either of these guys actually, and learned something of them and their writing.

I subscribe to all my podcasts via RSS and use FeedDemon. Not developed and maintained any longer (alas, a casualty of the retreat of RSS's once-march to the mainstream) but does what I need in a pleasing interface.

January 5, 2017 @ 8:37 PM

Since we're talking RSS, which I swear by, here's my entry post-Google Reader entry about Feed.ly. http://www.torontomike.com/2013/06/feedly.html

January 5, 2017 @ 8:51 PM

Lyle Lanley

Great episode, you're on a roll!

January 6, 2017 @ 8:49 AM

James Mirtle

Thank you to everyone for listening.

Here's is the subscription deal I mentioned on the show:

We had a few signups as a result of doing this podcast, which we definitely appreciate.

January 8, 2017 @ 2:58 AM