Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 209: Happy Festivus

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 209In this 209th episode, Mike celebrates Festivus with Elvis and they discuss a cornucopia of fun topics. This episode is exactly 1:35:03.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Elvis and me

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Beatts

Listening to this episode.

Damn Elvis, did you listen to ANY episodes ??

;)

December 23, 2016 @ 1:56 PM

Rob J

OMG that mind-numbing Buffalo Bison outfielder-dancing-dad story...again!?

December 23, 2016 @ 3:13 PM

@Rob J

Next week, Mr. 12:36 will settle this disagreement once and for all.

December 23, 2016 @ 3:16 PM

Rob J

I'm glad u mentioned Bob's bathroom break. I didn't 'get' the Jackie Robinson clip at the time.

Also, E misspoke when he said he'd never heard of your skeletal-heart issue. You described it in a previous E episode (Hence my love of the line 'It's skeletal, man')

Re: humouring guests. The most glaring time you didn't humour was when Marty joked that Eric Wedge's nickname if he managed the Jays would be 'Wedgie'. You gave him nothing!

Anyways, loved the episode. All the best to you and yours!

December 23, 2016 @ 3:46 PM

@Rob J

A rare edit!

Happy holidays to you as well!

December 23, 2016 @ 4:04 PM

elvis

@Beatts - yes, I listened to three and Gino Reda on the way home. Still more queued up as well.

December 23, 2016 @ 4:33 PM

John M.

The version in iTunes is only 1:18 and cuts off in mid-sentence.

December 23, 2016 @ 5:35 PM

@John M.

Yes, I'm hearing of some funky behaviour with the ep cutting out at 1:18.

The MP3 is definitely 1:35... in my iTunes, it's playing all 1:35.

I will troubleshoot and see why some people lose it at 1:18.

December 23, 2016 @ 5:39 PM

I think I've figured it out.

I originally published the XML file with the wrong length in bytes. I quickly corrected this (this episode is 136,878,413 bytes) but it seems some readers won't update this and think the episode is 1:17:50. Annoying.

I assure everything that the episode is 1:35:03 so make sure you're method of listening says there's 1:35:03 of audio. If not, play it off the site or maybe Outcast: https://overcast.fm/itunes557260245/toronto-miked-podcast

December 23, 2016 @ 5:53 PM

Beatts

@Elvis lol yeah just busting balls, I caught later in the episode you mentioning you had listened to more than you let on.

Still a great podcast. Good conversation.

December 23, 2016 @ 6:43 PM

John M.

I listened the final 17 minutes from the link at the top.

Well worth hearing.

December 23, 2016 @ 7:02 PM

Liz

Loving it! Listening now.

I love Elvis - mostly because he's out of effs to give, which appeals to me.

Another great instalment!

December 23, 2016 @ 8:14 PM

elvis

Thanks everyone! Mike and I were on a roll today.

December 23, 2016 @ 8:18 PM

Liz

P.S. People with potty mouths are smarter than the average slug. And, for this listeners who don't like the way Elvis weaves in the curses? Fuck'em.

December 23, 2016 @ 8:27 PM

Liz

the listeners

December 23, 2016 @ 8:28 PM

elvis

Thanks Liz!

December 24, 2016 @ 11:17 AM

Brandon

@Toronto Mike wrote:

"I will troubleshoot and see why some people lose it at 1:18."

^ "And then I lose it...I snap!" - The Champ :)

Fun listen - works as a kind of year-end retrospective going through some of the more recent episodes and guests (that Elvis hasn't yet listened to :) ).

December 24, 2016 @ 6:54 PM