Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 208: Denise Donlon

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 208In this 208th episode, Mike chats with Denise Donlon about her years at MuchMusic, Sony and the CBC. This episode is exactly 1:20:42.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

donlon

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

Brandon

Great listen! I had fun checking this one out - a great conversation. Denise is articulate and interesting and I learned a lot about her background pre-Much and then the transition to Sony and the CBC. The musical excerpts do a nice job of establishing the era.

December 22, 2016 @ 5:04 AM

Anonymous

Good podcast like the Christopher Ward enjoyed the early days of Much Music as I remember signing up for that and TSN when they first went on the air.

Now Mike Obama is not scandal free but a quick internet search can fine several scandals for example:

Merry Christmas

December 22, 2016 @ 4:46 PM

@anonymous

I suppose it all depends on your definition of "scandal".

December 22, 2016 @ 4:50 PM

Phil

Another great one Mike. The right questions, the right stories and another fantastic person to person conversation. I also love your artist auto play function - unless of course it's a sham.

December 22, 2016 @ 5:50 PM

@Phil

I'll never tell. ;)

Thanks for listening, Captain!

December 22, 2016 @ 5:58 PM

chris

She looks like Carole Pope from Rough Trade.

December 22, 2016 @ 8:09 PM

Dave L

Great interview but I have to say that I was a big fan of Murray back in the day and I think the first song played on Q107 was Hard Rock Town not On the Boulevard. Murray started out a pure folk singer, gradually became more produced and then with The Silver Tractors actually played some heavier rock. He then had brief dalliance with Bob Ezrin that even he called Murray Floyd . Funny that a great music historian missed that one. They mustn't talk shop at home.

December 23, 2016 @ 10:52 AM

Anonymous

Toronto Mike

My definition of "scandal" would include telling the world that 4 dead americans in Benghazi is from a video not terrorist.

December 23, 2016 @ 8:22 PM

Sandra

Nice podcast. Denise was one of my favorite interviewers on Much. She seems to have a good sense of humor.

December 24, 2016 @ 7:37 PM