Most Revealing Episodes of Toronto Mike'd in 2016

I recently shared my favourite episodes of Toronto Mike'd in 2016, but here are the episodes I deem to be the most revealing. There were stories shared in these four episodes that were completely unknown to me, and often unexpected.

Anne Mroczkowski

Anne decided she was tired of the smoke and mirrors and wanted to tell it like it was. She was incredibly candid and taught me a great deal. This was one of the most refreshing conversations I enjoyed in 2016.

Anne Mroczkowski and Me

Listen Here

John "Spike" Gallagher

Spike has stories. Man, does he have stories. What he lacks, is a filter, and we're all the beneficiaries. He's returning when he's finished his book.

John

Listen Here

Dave Hodge

Two words: pen flip.

Dave Hodge and me

Listen Here

Mike Richards

Mike told me he was a good-time Charlie, and he most definitely aimed to please. I was blown away by how honest he was and what he was willing to share with Toronto Mike'd listeners. It was truly appreciated.

Mike Richards and me

Listen Here

Al The Royal Pain

Was Steve in 2016? I found him to be very honest...especially about the amount of coke he used to do. I also really enjoyed the Ron MaClean episode.

December 21, 2016 @ 9:08 AM

Al The Royal Pain

By Steve, I meant Steve Anthony.

December 21, 2016 @ 9:08 AM

Al The Royal Pain

WOW! Time flies when you're old.

December 21, 2016 @ 10:02 AM

@Al The Royal Pain

But really, the Steve Anthony episode is evergreen.

I just posted in the Scruff Connors thread about Brother Jake Edward's The Champ and remembered Steve's rant about Jake's success with that character.

If I had a list like this in 2015, I'd have had Steve on it.

December 21, 2016 @ 10:07 AM

Hamish Grant

I thought Liza Fromer's interview was a real eye-opener to the plight of female broadcasters in media as well. You're right that Anne Mroczkowski's show delivered some more dirt but I found Liza more engaging. Anne still seems to think that CityTV was hard journalism!

December 21, 2016 @ 11:21 AM

@Hamish Grant

You're right, Liza should be up here. It was very honest and revealing.

In fact, there's a trifecta of Liza, Anne and Christine Bentley / Kate Wheeler that say a great deal on this subject.

December 21, 2016 @ 11:23 AM

Rob J

Fine, I'll say it: one of the reasons they open-up to you, TM, is your incredibly easy-going manner and sincere interest and empathy in their lives and jobs. If you were a 'jerk', no chance they'd tell you squat.

December 21, 2016 @ 3:38 PM

Justin

The best shows for me are the ones where you you get them to open up more. In my opinion, all four of these are in your top 10, and Anne Mroczkowski's episode may have been the best one ever. It's interesting enough to here about people's fascinating careers, but to get them to open up on a personal level adds a layer that truly makes some episodes special. Rob J is correct - the fact that you interview people who you're sincerely interested in (which leads to better chemistry and getting people to open up more) makes the podcasts so much better.

December 21, 2016 @ 9:01 PM