Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 206: Stephanie Smyth

Toronto Mike'd Podcast Episode 206In this 206th episode, Mike chats with CP24 news anchor Stephanie Smyth about her years at 680, 640 and CP24. This episode is exactly 1:07:57.

You can listen to this episode in a variety of ways:

Stephanie Smyth and me

Become a Patron

Catch up on all episodes of Toronto Mike'd and subscribe here.

Toronto Mike'd Podcast

James Edgar

Another good one Mike

I'm definitely one of the people that thought the dick Smythe was her father.

November 29, 2016 @ 3:40 PM

Anthony

I'm glad that the person asked about the 'breaking news' thing. I'm a happy go lucky guy for the most part, but always found it annoying when Stephanie use to tweet 'breaking news' about a traffic jam or thunder storm coming into the city. Its overkill and sensationalism. I can't say if she still does it, I unfollowed her a year or so ago, but I certainly believe its overdone.

That said, she comes across as quite likeable in person, very smart, energetic and articulate.

November 29, 2016 @ 3:53 PM

Lyle Lanley

And you uncovered the mystery of Stephanie's missing 'e'. She's Stephanie Smith!

November 29, 2016 @ 4:09 PM

Stephanie Smyth was great, even if she is missing an 'e'.

November 29, 2016 @ 5:01 PM

Rick C in Oakville

Haven't listened yet but sad to hear she isn't a part of the Dick Smythe legacy. I always assumed she was.

November 30, 2016 @ 6:58 AM

stephen

I'm not listening to this one.

Her "breaking news" teases were also on air, back when she was on 680, they were often "overkill". She cried wolf too many times for my liking so I'd switch stations when she went to air. She was probably a great example of what "click bait" sounds like on radio.

Can't get past the faux news teases.

December 2, 2016 @ 5:54 PM